Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Ravens Defeat Seahawks In Peter Bowl...

Peter Boulware's unexpected return to the Ravens will become official Thursday if he passes a physical, the four-time Pro Bowl linebacker said Wednesday.The franchise's all-time sacks leader is scheduled to sign a one-year contract and suit up for Thursday's afternoon practice once he is cleared to play.

Boulware, 30, would fill the Ravens' major need for a pass rusher only three months after he was released for salary-cap reasons."I didn't think coming back was ever a possibility," Boulware said in a telephone interview. "I never even thought about it. Once I left here, I thought my time here was over and I had to go somewhere else. For this opportunity to come back, it's truly a blessing."



Credit to the Baltimore Sun



That puts an end to the saga, guys...now what? I guess we'll just rely on others already on the team unless something else happens...sorry to be the beared of bad news


Unfortunately, not even Mr. Moses can save us, as his brother, JJ, signed with the Bears (why?)

8 comments:

  1. some of the best deals are the ones that are never made.

    if there was enough doubt not to take a chance on him then I don't regard this as bad news.

    good luck in Baltimore, Peter, and say hello to Mulva for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good news is that he signed with a team that we won't play often, and I agree with alba, if he was enough of a risk that Tim and Mike didn't want to offer him a contract, I trust in them.  

    Posted by PaulieP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto. Ruskell has more than earned my trust.

    Also, the way we are getting pressure from the DT's is really helping the pass rush, freeing up Wistrom and Fisher. We saw that vs. New Orleans, and I am anxious to see that even more so on Monday night.

    Where we are with the pass rush may not be so bad after all. Sometimes addition comes from developing what you already have, and keeping away from injuries. 

    Posted by Bluefoot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rather than addition by subtraction, would that be addition by inaction? 

    Posted by PaulieP

    ReplyDelete
  5. or addition by no-contract-ion! 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  6. despite Mulva's tongue-lashing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a little disappointed, but will refrain from lamentation until we see how the senior Boulware plays out. He certainly could be involved in the NFC playoff race, Balt plays GB and Min week 15 and 16, so hopefully if he is able to play well all year he'll help us out in some way. 

    Posted by JoSCh

    ReplyDelete
  8. No sadder words of tongue or pen, then those frightful words, "what might have been"! 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete