Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Getting Jiggy With It...

Thought I would add a nice little gimmick to the site. I have made some interactive Seahawk jigsaw puzzles to enjoy or kill off time. Click the name to go straight to the appropriate jigsaw puzzle.

The default 'cut' is 20 pieces, classic style. When you get there, on the left there is 'change cut' which allows you to do an enormous variety of cuts, with increasing numbers of pieces. The 3 hardest are "247 Piece Triangles", "240 Piece Squares", and "184 Piece Crazy"...in that order, if you got a nice chunk of time to kill and want a challenge. Also, it keeps records...for bragging rights (record for EVERY cut). I have the following ready to go:

Matt Hasselbeck
Shaun Alexander
Lofa Tatupu
Marcus Trufant
Eye Of Seahawk
Seahawks Logo

Im going to add more to this topic, and hopefully some will try it out and we'll see what happens. Personally, id like to make a jigsaw puzzle using every masthead on this site. I work in an office now, and have a lot of free time there, so I do alot of these...and trust me, they are addicting (if you go for a harder puzzle). Im just asking some of you give it a chance and a little feedback if you can. Thanks, and enjoy.


(to comment, click the green number to the right of the title above)

11 comments:

  1. these are pretty cool thanks. had fun doing them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently I'm a little OCD. I had to finish the toughest one. Now I'm getting no sleep, but I finished in 117 minutes.


    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Paulie's another victim of the off-season.

    Props.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol 117 minutes? If you mean you did the triangle one, then i believe you...i always do the the hardest crazy and squares ones...i only do triangle if im feeling lucky, and have a ton of time to kill.

    Again, im glad some of you are trying it out...i want to

    A) make sure i did it right
    B) its something to do i guess during the offseason (especially for one sport fans)
    C) benefits me so i can kill time at work...just sharing thats all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just got done trying to test the Lofa one, and its good, so the 6 of them all work out well...and im gonna add more (for my benefit, and just put it up in this topic too).

    The Lofa and Alexander ones probably look familiar. The other 4 I made pretty quickly last night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did the logo one with the 247 triangles. Killed me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeh i took a look and saw your score...that was intimidating...i only do the triangles if its a multi colored pattern...the logo picture is not. The Hasselbeck one I did is prolly the only one of the 6 i would do with triangles...thats just mentally draining.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great addition to the site ADP!

    Reminds me of the joke of the bunch of blonde sitting around a jigsaw puzzle cheering and chanting "51 days, 51 days!"

    When asked what all the excitement was about, they pointed out that the box said 2-4 years, but they finished it in 51 DAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What, You couldn't use one of the Lofa pic's featured in my artical? Hmmph!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks alba...and Max, I made that picture loooonnnngggg before you made that post : )

    Btw...my masthead idea looks dead...it has to be a 400 x 300 picture (I used a 1.333 aspect ratio). They dont look right when at that size (not really bad quality...just looks funky). Sucks, cause I really wanted to use the masthead gallery for puzzles (especially Cit K's Tatupu one)

    Any ideas how I could make them look better under a 400 x 300 size?

    Im also working on Ken Hamlin at the moment but Paint Shop is limited in terms of styles I could come up with...so I may have to start cropping and stuff. (I barely know what im talking about...lol)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I finished the Shaun Alexander triangle one in 2 hours 7 minutes and 31 seconds boy was i determined.

    ReplyDelete