Sunday, April 02, 2006

2006 Draft Predictions Kick Off!

Well, I reckon it's about that time again to get geared up for the upcoming annual ESPN hosted event, "THE MEL KIPER'S A TALKING HORSES ASS PARADE." In other arenas, this is alternatively known as the NFL DRAFT, so for simplicity, it will be addressed as such here.

This post is to generate a little interest for all those whiny, complaining, overzealous, anxious, intelligent, cranky, disoriented, maladjusted, opinionated, friendly and ambitious friends and foes of 12 seahawks street, and their grandmothers, who undoubtedly also have an opinion on who the 'Hawks should/could/or would draft in the first round. NOTE: New referees are not eligible in this years draft.

Well, lets kick this bitch off with a summary of what everybody on the web said. In other words, this is a synopsis of what the experts think. Of course, these aren't FOOTBALL experts, but experts at various other activites that revolve around a computer, programming books, web-page design, and possibly some lotion and "alone-time."


The first pie chart shown is a wrap up of over 50 online source first round mock draft positions. The leading candidates from the wizards in cyber world are Mathias Kiwanuka and Max Jean-Gilles. The Kiwanuka is a large defensive end out of Boston College, and Jean-Gilles (I think that's pronounced zhan-gill-lay, but I have no supporting evidence to back that up) is the highest ranked guard in the draft. I could give you more numbers and rankings, but that would have defeated the purpose of including the links, so USE THEM!

From the analysis front though, it may be more important to determine what positions the rest of the world thinks the 'Hawks will shoot for (which really is a moot point, given the 'Hawks propensity for drafting best player available rather than to fill a need).
So it looks like we are going after defense. Huh, maybe the 'Hawks should have addressed that in FA. Oh, that's right. THEY DID! Feel free to draw your own conclusions, I won't spoon feed all of them to you.

But lets avoid "...well, the guard predictions are because they lost Hutchinson..." DUR!

My conclusion from the data shown is that we are drafting an athletic 340 lb guard because our defensive secondary is soft and we will play him at free safety in light of Ken Hamlin's potential lag from his injury. Anothe note: CB Antonio Cromartie from FSU was a freaking animal if you drafted him on Madden 2005, so they should consider picking him instead.

Discuss.

PS: Damn you to hell Blue, if you post that crap about Simeon Rice above this on the main page!

18 comments:

  1. Didnt see his name, mainly cause the Chart didnt load all the way...i would refresh, but having dialup will delay me...as im in a hurry

    That said, im going with Ashton Youboty, thats assuming he falls and assuming we keep our pick

    If he does not fall, I would love Kiwanuka, however I dont think he will be around when our pick comes...so I will say John McCargo or Jonathan Joseph

    I wouldnt be surprised if they 'reached' and got DE Parys Haralson

    Of all possibilities, I think they will trade down...and draft McCargo (consistent penetrator) or Haralson (speed rusher) assuming the rest are taken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your booty did show up, but it got binned in the "others" slice.

    I don't really have any "hopefuls" cause fat lot of good that did last year, yet it was a very solid draft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeh, in particular, the two Codys, and Matt Roth


    since Seattle lost their 3rd rounder, I think moving up wont happen this time around, especially in the 1st...that was speculated by some

    gonna be interesting, like the Sonics, i give up trying to project who they will get, and I ignore who I want (that being Kiwanuka; Cromartie; and Haggan later on)...those two teams are just unpredictable

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, this is a tough post to reply to. It's near impossible to predict pick #31.

    But, just to play along...

    If Tye Hill or Tamba Hali is still available, they will take them.

    I think they will pass on Kiwi and Your Booty.

    The Seahawks will trade DOWN and take Virgina Tech DE Darryl Tapp in round 2. Read the scouting report - He fits the profile of last years' defensive picks. I'd be surprised if they don't have their eyes on him like they did with Lofa.

    Other Day 1 possibilities: CB Danieal Manning, Victor Adeyanju, and WHO KNOWS who else.

    Ready for that Simeon Rice post yet? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep. I thought about it some more. The Seahawks are going to do what it takes to get Darryl Tapp (Washington Post article), much like they did to get to get Lofa. Forget the other ones I mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was pimping Darryl Tapp and Elvis Dumervil a while back, I'll stick with them, under the assumption we trade down. If we don't, I dunno, crapshoot. BPA, Jay Cutler maybe??? Cuz why not?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe some webheads think the 'Hawks'll take Sinorice Moss or Chad Jackson... I don't think I've seen a draft board that has either of them falling to #31. Anyway, I really think the only notable holes for our beloved team are in the secondary, and somehow I don't think Michael Huff is gonna fall that far.

    Which means that, as usual, I have no idea what will happen on Draft Day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blue, Darryl Tapp is interesting, and wouldnt surprise me...his stock has fallen a bit, albeit im not sure why..should be interesting

    One flaw though...you saw they may pick Tye Hill if he falls to them, but they will pass on Youboty...guess what I know? : D...Youboty is the #1 corner on their draft board : )

    Dont ask why...i remember reading it somewhere creditable...unfortunately though, i cant find it anywhere I thought i saw it...so maybe ugh...i dunno? (i just checked in the middle of this post)

    Joseph is another they are enamoured with...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do want Haggans though...he reminds me so much of Chad Johnson its ludicrous...throw it Kyle Boller style, and he still finds a way to grab it...too bad we dont have our 3rd rounder in case he falls...i think he'll go in the mid 3rd round

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hagan couldn't catch chlamydia if he lived in a sorority house. He shit the bed during Senior bowl, and was droping it like it was a turd during the combine. Last thing Seattle needs is to draft suspect hands.

    I personally think it's gonna be Ko Simpson. A freakish athlete with questionable attitude that plays safety...hmmm, I wonder if there is some precedence for that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol his hands are a little underrated...ive heard everywhere hes not a good catching receiver...while yeh he drops some, he makes up for it by coming down with bad throws...

    Ko Simpson is the #1 safety that I would want...is he the one who could play both S and CB? Or is that Joseph? Its so hard keeping up with all the prospects...particularly corner, since there are so many projected to go high every year

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Joseph swings both ways, and Ko is a safety all the way through. But I'm too lazy to verify that. I'm just adding comments so it looks like more people are reading my post. I am also an attention whore. And sometimes a real whore.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes?

    Then how do you ALWAYS manage to find my wallet?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Once again, I KILLED a perfectly good thread.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like Kamerion Wimbley from fsu,give us some speed off the edge.Or Manny Lawson from NC state both a little light but they have the frame.But if the sporting news is right and Tamba Hali falls to the second round thats a no brainer.Then Mike Hass it the second,best reciever in college football and still the best in the draft.people put way to much stock in the 40.But who know we could end up drafting another linebacker for all we know.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Steeler proved that we could have our moms in the secondary as long as you can get to the quarterback.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would like to see Tyee Hill in the 1st he seems to be falling bit on draft boards. He reminds me a lot of Big play babs, but the guy that interests me is Troy Bergeron, WR, he won't go until the 5th on, but he would be a nice addition to the WR postion to learn for a year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like Ashto Youboty from Ohio State the best. Corners from Ohio State have a good reputation. I also love Daryl Tapp. The guy is undersized but who cares he is crazy quick and he could develop into a beast people were comparing him to Dwight Freeney. Antonio Cromartie could be great but he doesn't have alot of experience but he could be great.Darnell Bing is good but not in the first round.

    I'm sorry ADP but i don't like Hagans. The guys hands are questionable he dropped alot of passes at the combine and I HATE DROPPED BALLS.

    ReplyDelete