Thursday, March 23, 2006

Breaking News: Its Hammer Time!


KEN HAMLIN HAS BEEN CLEARED TO RETURN TO FOOTBALL

From the PI:

Seahawks safety Ken Hamlin has been cleared to resume playing football next season, his agent said Wednesday.

Hamlin, 25, suffered a fractured skull in a fight outside a Pioneer Square nightclub in October. He spent nearly a week in the hospital and suffered cerebral bruising. He was placed on the injured list two weeks after the incident, ending his season.

Lawrence Temple, Hamlin's agent, said Wednesday his client had undergone examinations and would be ready for training camp in July.

That provides some clarity on the shape of the Seahawks' secondary for the future, which had been subjected to subtraction so far this offseason.



Sorry Shaun, Rocky, and Julian...this is the best news of the offseason for me...im so happy his career will continue, let alone next year, and even moreso with Manuel wearing tampons---er---i mean being tampered with

ONCE AGAIN, THE HAMMER WILL BE DROPPED

6 comments:

  1. DISCLAIMER:

    From Sando:

    "Not so fast. Hamlin has not taken a hit yet. He has not even practiced. Might be jumping the gut to expect him to be magically 100 percent, let alone as fearless as he was before. There's a reason Lance Schulters was visiting team HQ this week. Also, agents do not determine whether a player is ready. So, while this is good news for the Seahawks, the team cannot take anything for granted."

    Still, its great news...

    I must say, obviously ive never run into an injury like his, but as for mental aspects from injuries, ive had my ACL torn twice...and its ridiculously hard to get right back out there and dive, and run full speed and make contact...really i never thought 'i cant dive for that...my knee might not be able to take it', but subconciously, it was there...otherwise id dive fully extended for a ball if needed

    Its tough, but im back to how I was, so I imagine him, a Pro, will be fine...mentally

    ...not to mention the time spent recovering, it took me forever to play again, so i had to get used to things, and Hamlin obviously will too...

    id be surprised if hes 100% in the season opener, but as long as he can still drop the hammer, and not hurt himself, its all good...and he'll be ack 100% eventually

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news for Kenny, he's quite obviously going to recover enough to live a normal life. And sounds good for the Seahawks, I can't imagine too many lingering effects, as long as he doesn't become concussion prone. Maybe he'll wear a double helmet (ala Steve Young and others) from now on, I know I would.

    Once I got a papercut, it hurt bad. I'm still not fully recovered... I put on leather gloves to read magazines.

    Oh, and digging that picture. Yours? 

    Posted by JoSCh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and pick ADP, and good news for sure.

    Of course, I would have had to go with this picture  had I beat you to the punch! 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys, yes it was my pic...im not good in photoshop, and until alba told me i could actually copy/cut/paste pictures in it (it wasnt that obvious to me)...i was horrible...im gettin there : )

    I wanted a hammer, and I was thinking MC Hammer, but no way am I getting a picture...

    sucks, cause Sando is saying his personal doctor cleared him, but team doctors still got to

    still, the topic will, and hes gotten past one hurdle

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's mostly liability stuff. if team doctors clear him and he ends up paralyzed or dying from a hit to the head, they'll get sued. Kind of like when Philly's docs didn't want to clear TO to play in the SB. 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news a healthy Hamlin would be great for the team. I hope he is ready the guy was a leader and one helluva hitter. 

    Posted by meezy

    ReplyDelete