Wow, all the fishwrap writers are giving it both barrels now. Every newspaper within 500 miles of Seattle is publishing magazine-worthy feature stories for their special section season preview. So instead of the usual bulleted list of odd little gems, today's BTSS is a compilation of the best full-length articles I can find.
Rather than hurry through them while your boss is looking over your shoulder, I highly recommend printing these articles alongside/underneath your weekly sales reports, putting them together in a manila folder, and spending some quality reading time with them in the shitter. That way you get to take a moment to really appreciate some of the best Seahawks-related articles of the year, and simultaneously let the boss think that you are really so into your job that you bring your work in the can.
HOT TIP: Bring a highlighter and make some meaningless marks on the report, just to make it look good.
- My favorite article has to be Walter Jones: The Greatest Seahawk Ever. Damn near brought a tear to my eye. There have been a lot of Walt stories over the years, but this takes the cake.
- Are the Seahawks rebuilding or reloading? Check out Hawks Enjoy Best of Times .
- Frank Hughes takes a look at Seattle's advancing DEEEEE-fense.
- A nice background piece on Brian Russell.
- Art Thiel discusses the impact of Jim Mora.
NOT QUITE AS IMPRESSIVE, BUT A GOOD READ ANYWAY:
- DJ Hacket is ready for prime time.
- Shaun Alexander is ready to run.
- Spend 15 minutes with Rod Mar in a Big Walt photo shoot. Cool.
- Are you a die-hard Seahawks optimist? Wanna get pissed off? Read this.
- Wanna feel better afterward? Read this.
Damn, all this has me foaming at the mouth for the season opener.
Don't forget the toilet paper.