Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Because They Said So: We took one from Texas

Because They Said So is a regular round up of Seahawks news from other sources. We gave it this name because we bloggers have no media credentials and we have to take these people's damn word for it.

Yeah, I took a break from blogging. But I'm back, and so is this feature.

  • You've probably already heard the Seahawks acquired former first round pick Jason Babin in trade for discouraged safety Michael Boulware. Did you know Babin is a rancher? Did you know what he thinks of his opportunity in Seattle? King5 shares a moment with the new defensive end:

Seems like a GREAT move. I love it, man." Babin, generously listed at 6-foot-3, 267 pound, said with a big smile Monday night after his first Seattle practice. "Got a team that's got a chance at Super Bowl. Can't want anymore than that."


I want to thank Matt Hasselbeck and Mack Strong. These are champs. (Applause.) These men are champs on the field and they're champs off the field. And they set such a fine example for people who look at the Seattle Seahawks and they look at these players and say, gosh, I'd like to be like them. And I thank you for being such good family men, setting such a good example for the kids here. And I'm honored to have the jersey. (Applause.)


Tip o' the hat to Enjoy the Enjoyment

1 comment:

  1. More likely to get you a seat in heaven: Blessed by Dubya, or blessed by the current Pope?

    Speaking of blessed, my daughter Lucy, (first girl, second kid) was born on the same day as Eden Alexander, S-dawg and Vals third girl. I'm totally getting a good seat for that, cuz we're connected.

    ReplyDelete