Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Debate over!

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills traded running back Travis Henry to the Tennessee Titans on Monday for a third-round draft pick in 2006.
Engel Analysis: Henry to Titans.

Here is the header from an ESPN story that I found today...well I guess that puts an end to one of the biggest debates of the off season. The funny part was that at the beginning of the off the off season I would've thought that it was stupid to get rid of Shaun ...but as I stopped and looked and listened ...I became more open to the idea.

I still do not believe that Shaun is a team player and I really hope that we dont mortgage our entire team to keep a back that may or may not be the answer. To all you shaun supporters I will say this...dont be to excited...I still believe that their is a chance that the front office signs him and then looks to trade him.

But for now congrats...you all got your wish!!! Lets just hope you're right...


2 comments:

  1. I haven't got my wish yet, 5 year 30 Mil contract. And GOX, regarding Henry... never mind, just re-read the title of the post.

    Re signing him and trading, doesn't the full signing bonus get accelerated into the year that you do the trade? I don't think that part gets traded away, which is why trades happen before a contract, see Henry, Bailey/Portis, and why guys on their rookie contract are "tradeable", they usually weren't paid a high bonus. 

    Posted by JoSCh

    ReplyDelete
  2. "he will play for the Hawks this year...but after that...I dont know "

    Agreed. Hope he signs longer, but I think we need him this year.

    Maybe you're right on the depends part. Perhaps a guaranteed roster bonus in the future would have to be paid by the team that got him, and not accelerate. That is a potential way of dealing with it, but how palatable would that be to a trade partner? 

    Posted by JoSCh

    ReplyDelete