Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Pac Man Confronts Roger Goodell; Richie Cunningham Wins


I wish I could have been a fly on the wall.


After being handed a full season suspension, Adam "Pac Man" Jones met with Richie Cunningham at NFL headquarters. The results were nothing short of extraordinary. Out of his giant yellow pie hole came these words today:



"Last week, I asked for an opportunity to meet privately with commissioner Goodell. I met with him earlier today to tell him about the steps I have taken to change my life since being suspended by the NFL. I accept the discipline that's been imposed on me and I am withdrawing my appeal."


Damn, I wish I could have been there. For a supposed badass like Pac Man to turn into a meek little lamb, Richie Cunningham must have lit into him hard, like God did to Moses when he lost the keys to the Tabernacle. I can't even imagine.


I have to give Jones credit, though. He accepted his discipline of a full year suspension, and withdrew his appeal. This might be the first step to turning his life around. I hope he can follow through with it.

1 comment:

  1. Jesus that Richie Cunningham must be one hard assed son of a bitch!

    Of course, I'm sure the 3-year deal that Kelly Herndon just signed with the Titans may have caught Pac's attention, and caused him to rededicate himself to goodness, instead of badness!

    ReplyDelete