The word is out: Daunte Culpepper is on the trading block. The amusing part of the situation is that he's one of the most overrated veteran quarterbacks the league has ever seen.
Which begs the question: What is Daunte Culpepper worth? In my own amateur estimation, not much. He makes poor reads, poor decisions, and poor margaritas. (Why do you think Stevens went to Tampa instead?)
So, to confirm my specualtion, we're going to play a little game called "What Would You Trade For Daunte?" The scenario is that you are the GM of a National Football League Team. You get called by the Miami Dolphins front office and they ask what you would be willing to give up for Culpepper. What is your answer?
You get to pick the team, and the terms are wide open. Have fun with it. Here are some examples:
- Detroit Lions: Matt Millen, a large body of water, and a pair of concrete shoes
- Green Bay Packers: Brett Favre, a lawn mower, and Mike Holmgren's cell phone number
- Atlanta Falcons: Mike Vick, a box of Club Squared Ungummed, and a copy of Pit Bulls for Dummies
- St. Louis Rams: 40 tons of Purina Dog Chow and at least as much Budweiser
- Seattle Seahawks: 4,723 unsold Jerramy Stevens jerseys, signed copy of Shaun Alexander's book, and a Starbucks gift card
I think you get the picture. Your turn.