Tuesday, February 08, 2005

About This Blog

Thanks to all of you for helping me get this blog off the ground. This has tremendous potential with all of you as contributors. It's off to a fun start already.

Let me make a few things clear, so everyone can make the best of the site.

1. I added some links to the footer to aid with navigation. There is a link for you to post a new topic, to go to the home page (it was too easy to get stuck without having to hit the 'back' button several times), and to the Hall of Fame site we are building. Navigation was really clunky before, like Vinny said. That should help.

2. Who can post new threads? Anyone you see on the right on the list of contributors. This list is invitation only, and the invitation has to be responded to by signup on the Blogger.com server, if they aren't registered already. Have fun, guys. This should be interesting.

If you know of someone, including youself, that needs to be invited as a contributor, drop me an email. It's linked below.

3. Who can comment on posts? Absolutely anyone. Unregistered Blogger.com users can only post as 'anonymous'. Registered users have the option of using their screen name or 'anonymous'. Either way, commenting is open to the whole internet connected world. This also could be interesting.

Having said that, there will be an occasional deleted post. This was either a trashed spam message or a grossly inappropriate comment. It's a nice feature to have. I look forward to deleting 'osprey's' vulgar smack.

4. If you want to be automatically notified by email when there are new comments, drop me an email from the address you want it sent to. I'll set you up.

Thanks again, all of you. I can't wait for this thing to take off.


-Bluefoot

4 comments:

  1. Again, thanks for the invite Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't have it any other way, Vinny.

    Y'all: I figured out to add links to the pane on the right, in addition to the footer. Let me know if there's any more links we need over there, and be sure to include the URL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue, is there any way to earmark the threads that have new reponses? (Example:The Times Site)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've thought about that, because it would save a lot of time wading through the threads. Unfortunately, there is no code supporting that in this blog site. It's not a message board, which has those sort of functions.

    The best I could do is see if I can set you up in the email notification that comes with the admin privileges.

    ReplyDelete