Saturday, February 19, 2005

With the #23 Pick, the Seahawks Select...

Here's a retro pic...

If any of you can guess who this is, and what draft and pick they are, you are a true blue Seahawks fan!

About the 2005 Draft--Post your pick, and come draft day, we'll see if anyone got it right. We'll make this one a sticky until the week after the draft.

Some to pick from:

1. Aaron Rodgers JR QB California
One of the few players in this Draft with "Star" potential.
2. Cedric Benson SR RB Texas
Could have been starting for a lot of pro teams in '04.
3. Alex Smith JR QB Utah
May have more potential than anyone in this Draft.
4. Derrick Johnson SR LB Texas
Athletic linebacker with speed who simply makes plays.
5. Mike Williams JR WR USC
May go higher in the '05 Draft than he would have in '04.
6. Braylon Edwards SR WR Michigan
Big, athletic wideout who can take over a game by himself.
7. Antrel Rolle SR CB Miami (FL)
Physical corner with great size, speed and athleticism.
8. Ronnie Brown SR RB Auburn
Overshadowed by Cadillac, but has better physical tools.
9. Thomas Davis JR S Georgia
A rare difference maker on the defensive side of the ball.
10. Cadillac Williams SR RB Auburn
Dynamic runner who is always a threat to go the distance.
11. Erasmus James SR DE Wisconsin
Needs to stay healthy but could be an impact pass rusher.
12. Pac-Man Jones JR CB West Virginia
Active, physical cornerback as well as a return man.
13. Marcus Spears SR DE L.S.U.
Great athlete could play DE or DT depending on scheme.
14. Heath Miller JR TE Virginia
Productive and a major weapon in the passing game.
15. Travis Johnson SR DT Florida St.
Finally lived up to his vast potential as a senior in 2004.
16. Dan Cody SR DE Oklahoma
Relentless pass rusher with speed and a non-stop motor.
17. Alex Barron SR OT Florida St.
Could be a potential franchise left tackle in the pros.
18. Justin Miller JR CB Clemson
Dynamic playmaker in the secondary & also a return man.
19. Shawne Merriman JR OLB Maryland
Raw athletic speciment who could play either OLB or DE.
20. David Pollack SR DE Georgia
Extremely productive and has a non-stop motor.
21. Jammal Brown SR OT Oklahoma
May be the best all-around tackle in this Draft.
22. Shaun Cody SR DT USC
Very productive and could project to either DT or DE.
23. Carlos Rogers SR CB Auburn
Thorpe Award winner with great physical tools.
24. Brodney Pool JR S Oklahoma
Super athletic safety with a great all-around game.
25. Kevin Burnett SR OLB Tennessee
Athleticism and physical tools are out of this world.
26. Justin Tuck JR DE Notre Dame
Super fast and athletic as well as a great pass rusher.
27. Troy Williamson JR WR South Carolina
Productive and may be the fastest wideout in the Draft.
28. Channing Crowder SO ILB Florida
Durability and experience are the only concerns.
29. Charlie Frye SR QB Akron
Unknown but may be the next great MAC quarterback.
30. Roddy White SR WR U.A.B.
Big play threat with great size, speed and athleticism
31. David Baas SR OG Michigan
Nasty player who could play either guard or center.
32. Mark Clayton SR WR Oklahoma
Has everything you look for except ideal size.

23 comments:

  1. I know this is cheating but I would have to say it'll be David Pollack if he's still there, otherwise they'll likely reach for Channing Crowder, who really ought to be a second round pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is tough, mainly due to the fact we don't know who they'll get in free agency, but I'm going with a MLB seeing's that's our weakest spot. I think I agree with monkey on Crowder however if he's the best MLB out there then I say reach for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooorrrr, Draft Merriman and move Brown to MLB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok ok, I'll settle on one guy, (though it's tough to do), although Merriman, an underclassman will likely still be available when the Hawks pick, and although Crowder, also an underclassman will be as well, I'll go with Pollack. I'll probably be wrong, it'll probably end up Corwder or Merriman because Pollack will probably be gone, but I'll stick with Pollack.

    "with the #23 pick the Seahawks select David Pollack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My guess is Shawne Merriman.

    Ok, so monkey picks Pollack. Which did you decide in Vinny, Crowder or Merriman?

    Still no guesses on the picture? It's a 'Hawks #1 pick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merriman, I'd rather see us pick up an experienced FA DE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You mean like Wistrom or Okeafor?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, the only reason we need another DE is for backup, and I'd much rather have an experienced guy in that spot. I still say the only reason our pass rush was so poor last season was losing our speed at the LB position.

    I mean who can say that anyone in the draft will be better this season than the guys we've already got? This isn't the year to be experimenting, we need guys that can make a difference NOW.

    Damn! Now I have to rethink my Draft pick, maybe we SHOULD go after a passrushing LB. The only problem I have with that is that we have some great LBs on the team already with Brown, Simmons, White and Lewis, unfortunmately last year we couldn't get them on the field together. I still say move Brown to MLB (the QB on defense) and slide Lewis into his spot.

    I don't know blue, am I wrong on all this stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually if I had it my way I'd rather get the best O-Lineman out there, someone that's a QB guarddog. Someone with Turley's attitude and Hutche' size.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's why I'd like to sign Turley when he's available in June.

    About Merriman, He's been reported as someone who will probably be a LB in the NFL and a nickel package DE, because of his fierce pass rush. He sounds like a perfect understudy for Brown, probably even sharing time with him and helping Brown live out a season.

    That's why Merriman is my pick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm gettin' all goosepimply! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got to agree with ya' on Merriman, let's hope the mucky mucks are reading these posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting thoughts on Benson...

    But I'm not sold on him. Here's a couple of reasons why: Scouts knock him for the same reasons Alexander gets criticized. Here's a couple of links:

    NFLFuture.comFootballsFuture.comI also don't think ANY draftee could immediately fill the shoes of Shaun.

    It's still intriguing to me, but I see Benson as a question mark himself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. im not exactly sold on Channing Crowder...the Gators are my favorite college football team, but he isn't the greatest person off the field...


    I will say Pollack...the Seahawks have a rep of picking the best available...so its hard to tell who we would end up with

    as for the picture...Steve Niehaus (spelling?)...judging by his hair, it was in the 70s...thats all i can guess

    ReplyDelete
  15. Right on, ADP!!! You must go waaaaay back with the 'Hawks. Steve Neihaus was our first ever draft pick.

    I don't know why Les Nessman is in the picture, though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. actually, im pretty young...

    18 to be exact, but I know all my Seattle teams in and out...and I may of been young then, but I knew the 1995 Mariners team deeply...thats what got me into sports heavily...i still have some of their games I taped...



    so yeh, i wasn't even born yet, but I know some of the better old Seahawks


    and free posting on here for life? wow! I knew I was due for something good when my computer crashed a few weeks ago and I lost every song I downloaded (1000+)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i gotta be honest...

    i right-clicked on the picture, went to properties, and got the direct link...


    that was AFTER i guessed...i was gonna answer the other questions when i found the link to it (draft round...year)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, at least you're honest!

    I have to say that they get either Merriman or Roth. And being an Iowa fan, I have to go with Roth as my choice.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We're hurtin' too much on D to go after a HB in the First Round.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Say Blue, how about Darryl Blackstock? http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8219215

    ReplyDelete
  21. He's compelling, but I'm still more comfortable with Merriman.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been reading up on Roth, DE out of Iowa, and the thing I keep hearing about him is that he's aggressive with a capital A. Also that he plays whistle to whistle and he doesn't take downs off. He seems to be one of those high motor guys that tend to overachieve in the pros. I like what I hear about him quite a bit. WSU's left tackle, called him the best DE he's ever played against. And best of all, most experts are projecting that he will still be available when the Hawks pick at 23. Sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Check, are you talking about Barnes? If os your' the only one that thinks so. NFL.com's senior analyst ranks him #4 among the O-linemen in the draft. And several scouts have him goin in the first round.

    ReplyDelete