Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Alan's Drive of the Game



Sorry for the delay, I was on the road driving to Carbondale, IL. Right in the middle of rams country. No worries though, I've gotten my shots.

At any rate, considering that I won't be able to watch most games, I decided to give an award for the Drive of the Game. I guess it doesn't go to a specific person, but hey, football's a team sport right?

Against the Saints, the Extremely Corny Bronze Racecar goes to the opening drive of the 2nd half.

The essentials: Plays: 14 Yards: 52 Possession: 5:08 Result: Josh Brown 30 yard field goal, Seahawks lead 27-3.

Alright, so the game is probably in hand even if we go three and out, but thats part of the reason why I like this drive. The Seahawks come out of the locker room leading by three touchdowns, then eat up five minutes of clock.

Yes, its the preseason, and yes, it was the 2nd team offense. But isn't it refreshing to see the team come out with desire and play it out the full 60 minutes? Anybody remember last year against the Rams and the total meltdown at the end? If this continues into the regular season, things will be good.

And that's Alan's Drive of the Game

(Does anyone have a cool name for this award? Please comment if you do)

10 comments:

  1. wow never thought of an award like this...I think this is a great one...(another words, good job, Alan)

    as for the name...i could say a few things, but im sure Alba would be able to top it...so ill let him go off first...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Extremely Corny Bronze Racecar" 

    Love it! 

    Posted by Bluefoot

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about the "Alan's Huge Scoring Penetration Award"

    Nah, maybe too coital.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know, there's something elegant in the simplicity of "Alan's Drive of the Game", and naming the trophy the "Extremely Corny Bronze Racecar" is classic.

    Why put a moustache on the Mona Lisa? 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  5. For one simple reason alba...

    It would make me laugh. 

    Posted by PaulieP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well then, by all means, I'm off to Paris with my sharpie in hand! (hmmm, sounds more like a trip to Ms. Hilton than to France!) 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well then, Extremely Corny Bronze Racecar is here to stay. Can't wait to give it out again on the 22nd. (A game I can see!) 

    Posted by Alan

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'why put a mustache on a mona lisa'...

    i will NEVER forget that one...Alba, I dont know what you've taken this week...but it seems you've ate your wheaties

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you...I'm here til Thursday...try the veal! 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wouldn't Alan's D.O.G. be the furry thing with its head out the window of the racecar?

    And did you know "racecar" is a palindrome - meaning it's spelled the same backwards and forwards? 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete