Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Got tickets...was it worth it?



Its a quarter after seven. I wrapped up my third day of classes at Southern Illinois University. I'm watching the Cardinals because there's nothing else on.

And I feel sick.

Nauseus.

I just gave the St. Louis Rams money.

I had to go to their website.

All for two tickets to the October 9th game when Seattle comes to town. These tickets, from the looks of it, are located on the Arch.

Was it worth it? This literal feeling of doing something wrong. Knowing that I just aided, in even a small part, pay the salaries of men I despise?

I hope so. I think so.

It actually surprised me how bad I felt. It really was one of those things that you can't believe your doing it. Even though the ends justify the means.

They can really be justified with a win.

With the support of 12th Street, I think I can pull through.

Until then, I feel so dirty, I'm going to shower for a week.

Alan

PS: Look out for my account of this game when it rolls around. I have a feeling wearing my Trufant jersey should result in some interesting conversations...

5 comments:

  1. you're doing us proud, Alan


    you spent money on a game scheduled for the NINEth..Martz hates the #9...so those dollar bills will come back to you in some way or another...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is don't feel too bad. Remember the shared revenue program in the NFL. Part of the proceeds go to the Seahawks, too. And when we buy tickets to Qwest Field, some of the money goes to the Lambs.

    Besides, when the Seahawks strut off the field with another W in the column, you're going to give them their money's worth. Cheer and rant so loud and obnoxious that they will wish you never bought a ticket.

    Rub it in and make them regret even selling them a ticket in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah yeah! Takes brass ones to go to the away games, especially with a jersey on. Get em Alan.

    BTW, I got tickets for the Jax opener, wife bought them for me for our 10th anniversary, sitting in the "Cage of Rage" with my Alexander white jersey. Gonna be great! I'll report if I don't get killed. 

    Posted by JoSCh

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoSCh - I'm sending you $20 and my social security number, and would like you to take out a life insurance policy naming me as the beneficiary!!!

    "I hereby bequest all my worldly possessions to the blogger knows as alba!" 

    Enjoy the game. I'm still trying to work out a plan to make it to Seattle for the Rams game. 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make at least 1-2 away games a year. The Arizona game is a given, since I live 2-3 blocks from the stadium, but I try to make another as well. Last couple of years, it's been the Metrodome, where my brother lives, this year, my roommate and I are going to watch the Hawks beat his favorite team, the Titans.

    Haven't been in a fight yet, (although it came close both times in Minnesota) maybe this'll be the year? 

    Posted by PaulieP

    ReplyDelete