Monday, October 24, 2005

Bye Bye Love!

Here we are officially in the bye week, which means we need to find something to do to occupy ourselves for two weeks, until we visit the Cardinals on November 6th.

Since we all might not have a paring knife and spare potato at our disposal, let's use this thread for a little housekeeping and creative ideas surrounding the blog, so we can be all set to make the stretch run into the playoffs...and beyond.

HOUSEKEEPING

A few items come to mind under this topic, and we can use the link above to either add to the list or expound upon them.

* CONTRIBUTORS: There are a bunch of contributors in the list that we never hear from. Does anyone know why? Should we reach out to them to see if they're still interested in the blog? Should we comb the other forums and cherry pick some new contributors?

* FORM & FUNCTION: Are there any improvements we can make to the layout of the blog? Do folks use the drop down menus on the right? FAQ Page? Links List? Do we need the Hot Topics area now that we have the Recent Posts area? Does anyone use the Archive drop down?

* FEATURES: Suggestions and feedback on Contributor Awards? Tuesdays with Morons? Cricklers? Thursdays with Idiots? Adopt a Seahawk? Mon-KEYS to the Game? Sports Spyder? Email Alerts? Vistor Map? Game Day Chat?

CREATIVE IDEAS:

While I think this is a great place for Seahawks news and insights without the in-fighting and personal attacks of the other fan sites, I'm wondering if it is getting the traffic it deserves. How do we increase exposure of this site, along with add new features and functions, without dragging it into the gutter or overtax those who are already maintaining the blog?

Are there any other sites that do something cool that we should try to emulate (aka steal) or incorporate into 12SS? Is there anything we're currently doing that we should not be doing, or doing differently? More often? Less Often?

Sorry that I don't have any real creative ideas for this section, just a bunch of questions, but I thought I'd lay this stuff out since we have some time to discuss!

IS IT NOVEMBER YET??!!


(in case anyone is wondering, I found that picture on the internet, and didn't carve the potato myself!)

9 comments:

  1. This doesnt really fit a category, either that or I just didnt notice one...

    but...what should we do to kill off the bye week?


    the suggestion I made earlier about a Tuesdays With Morons Marathon (one a day this week) was a serious one...

    the news will be scarce, especially this week, as the team is not going to practice any...so we need something to keep it interesting, and not barren...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, and remember, anyone can post a TWM picture, it's not an alba exclusive thing! I have a few pics that I have been saving so this could be fun. 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, that was the central point of this thread, which is to give us something to do during the bye week. Totally missed your suggestion in the Flooble (I'm a skimmer you know) so I'm glad you repeated it here. 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never use the drop down menus. Same with the hot topics. It doesn't seem like the adopt a hawk has gone very far. 

    Posted by bokonon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree with TWM marathon. Bo, adopt one... or don't, I didn't, nor do I have an award, other than the weekly (or more often) flooble "SA is the best RB ever" post. Frankly I am just an opinion machine, and basically disagree with alba at the first chance... :-(

    As far as weighing in on the questions,

    1) let them come back, they probably will. In season is actually low news value, other than post game.

    2) I like the form/fuction, even if I rarely use all of it. I wouldn't change it just to change, only if you (or someone) has a better idea.

    3) I love all the features, nothing to improve. I think TWI is too hard, but I am also lazy... well done ADP. I don't care for sportsspyder, but that is only because it lamely tried to replace me... it is good for those who don't read the entire internet daily...

    4) I got no ideas, but if I have one I will certainly let you know.

    Finally, thank you alba and Blue, you have been doing a very very good job with being the admins of this site. 

    Posted by JoSCh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and that potato (potatoe in Goreland, I still love that) is supa-bad-ass! I am going to do one now.  

    Posted by JoSCh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and that potato (potatoe in Goreland, I still love that) 

    Wrong VP and wrong party dude...POTATOE was none other than Dan Quayle!!!

    I am going to do one now.

    I hope you meant "carve one" and not "do one", which would be a very icky way to be spending the bye week!

    (I love the fact that you disagree with me on spec...everyone needs a good foil!) 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey hey hey Alba and Blue aint the only admins!!! 

    Posted by adp

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right, right, I mix up the VPs. Why are our VPs always so bad? Is that by design? Just something to ponder.

    And what I do with carved vegetables is none of you business, unless of course you pay at my website, www.joschdoesstuffwithvegetablesthatshouldnotbedone.com

    Sorry ADP, I don't know who all does the housekeeping, but Blue started it and alba seems most involved now. Props to all admins, whereever you are! 

    Posted by JoSCh

    ReplyDelete