Monday, October 24, 2005

Monkey's Banana Peel Award


The award given to the offensive and defensive players who best slip up the opposition.

This was a game which I thought we would lose, even before the game began, I thought we would lose. We were facing what I think is the leagues best defense in Dallas, without our two top recievers. I knew that we would get no run support because Dallas defense has the talent to take away the run. I honestly had no expectation of winning this game, but I had hope. I hoped like mad that we could finally turn the corner and win one of these big games, against a tough opponent, and I could not be more impressed.
Sitting in a room full of 30+ Cowgirl fans (including my brother) getting pull tabs thrown at me and yelled at to leave, as the lone representative for the Hawks, this was a game that I will never forget as long as I live. Our defense hasn't looked this good since the days of Jacob Green, Kenny Easley, etc... This was the kind of game that separates the contenders from the pretenders, and this team stepped up to the challange. In many ways, to me this was a bigger win than the win two weeks ago in St. Louis!

Continued

4 comments:

  1. Defense team nicknames, great idea! How bout the Flannel Fanatics? Starbucks Sackers? Space Needle Spikers? Pike Place Fish Throwing Defensive Football Players? Too local cliche? Sorry, that is all we're known for...

    Nice post simian, been a while. Hope things are going better. I agree with you on both of these, Fisher in particular. He looked really good, and that was their starting RT who has done a good job this year until now, if I'm not mistaken. Great game for Fish. 

    Posted by JoSCh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herndon did give up a couple of big passes, but let's not forget he tipped the ball that Boulware ended up intercepting, and Keyshawn was shut down to only one pass for 5 yards in the second half.

     

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of respect for Alba I'm keeping my Herndon comments to myself, but c'mon Alba. Please don't try to pass off that Herndon had a good game. Might Babs move into RCB if Dyson isn't ready for AZ? 

    Posted by bokonon

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, the guy's obviously not a shut-down corner, but all I'm saying is that he did do some GOOD things too. 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete