Sunday, October 23, 2005

This One's on Check Award (SEA v DAL)

First things first: Yes this is the same picture from last week. But no, I didn't simply borrow it, and not down my drink. Now onto further business...

Before I discuss who really needs a drink after this one, I'd like to hand out a couple of props. Obvious props to Josh Brown whom I had previously expounded the virtues of, before turning my back and crucifying him after the Washington game. My bad Josh. I'd like to think that the drink I bought you helped you put that game out of your mind so that you could be the hero this week.
[Full Story]

check

5 comments:

  1. How about kicker Jose Cortez, who managed to miss a costly FG that Lieutenant Dan could have made. No, I don't think so.  

    Check, you're probably one of only 3 or 4 people on the planet that can pull off parapalegic humor!!!

    You should buy a drink for all the Seahawks fans who have had their nerves whittled bare, and their voices screamed horse. Or for the Dallas WR Coach who nearly got cold-cocked by Tuna late in the game for butting into a tete-a-tete with the officials.

    But your choice is really good, cuz I'm sure the big Tuna could use a little suds to drown his sorrows.

    And stapling a note to the collective ass of the state of Texas...that's a great mental image!
     

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  2. check - hope you don't mind but I shut off the Comment on your post at the sub-blog and put a link at the end of your piece directing people back here to comment. I did this after accidentally leaving the above comment at the sub-blog! 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I dont mind at all. Probably something I should have done already, thanks. 

    Posted by check

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, congratulations Texas, both for the drink and for the reaming and subsequent sign stapling, you deserve it. Another nice post Mr. Check. 

    Posted by JoSCh

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Dallas' kicker Cortes may be in need of a drink too. I just read he got canned.... 

    Posted by highwatermark

    ReplyDelete