Friday, October 21, 2005

From SEA(hawk) to Shining SEA(hawk)!

We all know that wherever we live, on Game Day all our hearts reside in that little red dot.

However, as we prepare to play the "America's Team", I got to thinking how impressed I've always been at the breadth and depth of the Seattle Seahawks fan base, across North America and around the world! So while they may be "America's Team", I'm declaring us "the official football team of the planet Earth!"

OK, maybe I'm getting a little carried away, but I saw a link on the PI Fan forum to a Seahawks fan map, and decided that we should ask everyone to throw an electronic pushpin in the new 12SeahawksStreet map, so we can see where our Contributors and Visitors are coming from.

Just click the globe, or either link above, and then click Add Yourself. All you need to do is enter your name (or handle), zip code, a "shout out" message and an optional picture, so there's no personal information or email spam risk in doing so.

I've already gotten the ball rolling, so let's keep it going!


SIDE NOTE: For the skimmers out there, if you look at the bottom of the page, where the comments can be seen, there is a thing that lets you subscribe the map to your email, where it will send you daily emails when new people add on...for the curious ones. - ADP

20 comments:

  1. Great idea Alba! 

    Posted by PaulieP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pavillion...but apparently you and I are the only ones who think so, at this point in time anyway! 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about those New York-based Seahawk fans! 

    Posted by Sportszilla

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having trouble seeing the image. Anyone else? Probably just the office firewall, but thought I'd throw it out there. 

    Posted by bokonon

    ReplyDelete
  5. this thing is pretty nice...i wasnt even gonna try to do it when i saw the 'add me' button, but decided to see how much work i gotta do...surprisingly easy!

    this thing is nice, im adding it to my favorites list


    and someone help me get to Seattle...i cant take Maryland anymore! (the eastern shore, too!) 

    Posted by adp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to represent, everyone!

    Can't wait until Brett throws that Alaska stake in the road.

    Keep up the good work.

    I want this map to have more holes in it than the St. Louise Defense!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alba, this is a pretty good idea. We just need to make sure we get a sticky or some way of making it very noticable so everybody signs in. 

    Posted by check

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alan


    -you live in Southern Illinois? Is there an air force base near you?...or a small town called Troy? I stayed there for a month back in 1998 (on the air force base)...hated it to death

    ReplyDelete
  9. check -

    Look down under the Flooble entry box, and you should see a map with a Seahawks logo on it, which invites visitors to mark their territory! 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just TOO COOL, alba. You have just added a tremendous sense of community to this blog. The sticky link in the margin is eye catching but stays within the theme.


    [standing on desk] Oh, captain, my captain!!!

    I can't wait to see this fill up over time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know what else is cool? Click on one of the member links. Zoom in with the slider or the upper left of the map. Click on the button that says "Satellite".

    It's a bird's eye view of your fellow fan's neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  12. After that, click through the other member links. It gets even cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the sticky should be up by the contributors. That way you can't miss it. All in all very fun. 

    Posted by bokonon

    ReplyDelete
  14. not just Alaska...we got Japan on there, too!!!

    thats awesome...it shows there are many more people checking on this site then we're led to believe...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Canada and the UK have represented.

    Anyone else feeling bad for Alan stuck in the middle of the Country all alone??!!! 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  16. CitK, I did re South Park. monkey is from the middle of the country too. Where is monkey? 

    Posted by JoSCh

    ReplyDelete
  17. ALBA THE SKIMMER...

    I said in my recent post that we got someone from Japan now...that was a rare short post too... 

    Posted by adp

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know, that's why I didn't see the need to mention it! 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  19. ADP,

    Yeah, I go to school at SIU (Go Salukis).

    Scott Air Force Base is in St. Louis. There's a town nearby called Sparta, but not Troy.

    Carbondale's a nice town. That said, I plan on fleeing about two seconds after I get my diploma.

    ReplyDelete
  20. just checking, alba...

    yeh im positive thats the air force base i was on...interesting...

    i was near this TINY town called Troy...and I remember a Belleville or Bellevue or something...oh well...it was really close to St Louis...the people are crazy there, so i dont blame you for getting out asap! 

    Posted by adp

    ReplyDelete