Friday, October 07, 2005

Drinking the kool-aid


Had a long commute home listening to sports radio and it was like I was main-lining the kool-aid. Here's some of the better reason why the Hawks will beat the lambs...even if just barely.

1. On average the lamb D is giving up 27 points per game. And that includes defending the #30 and #22 offense in the league (SF & TN). The Hawks are #2.

2. Alexander has gained almost 500 yards against the lambs in their last 4 meetings. The last time anyone bothered checking, Alexander is much, much better than the SF, AZ, TN, NYG running backs--combined. And while the lamb poop shot suckers will sight their "great" run defense...they haven't see a back like SA this year.

3. DJack and Bobby are a loss, but don't forget that last year in STL, DJ droped 7 passes and Bobby only had 3 catches for 28 yards. JJ and Warwick should be able to match "that" production. And I'm pretty sure Hackett and Urban can match K-Rob's 2 catches.

4. Josh Brown was 4 for 4 in STL last year.

Hey Koooool-aid! Go Hawks! In a squeeker, Hawks 27, lambs 24

13 comments:

  1. Good going, Vin...Make mine a DOUBLE!

    I would love to see us win a squeeker, but I just want the win.

    I hope they run Shaun all day, since I got a 4:00pm wedding to go to on Sunday so I might miss the end of the game. ARRRGH! 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh shit, JoSCh is gonna get on me again for skimming.

    Sorry Bok, I just saw the big "Hey Koolade" graphic coupled by a recent comment by him in another thread, and thought this was a Vinny post!

    Here's to reading the WHOLE post next time!

    Kool-ade for all my men! 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ok, monkey, we all skim sometimes. 

    Posted by Skimmer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely not going to be happy with a squeaker - I want to see some carnage. I want to see St. Loser's score at least doubled.

    I want to see Shaun with 35 carries, and Leonard Weaver with 20 more. I want to see the Ed's field turf paved in gold, with blue accents.

    And I want to see Lofa knock the beans out of Bulger's burrito.

    ReplyDelete
  5. agreed, check 

    Posted by adp

    ReplyDelete
  6. seriously...i dont want a close game...experts will come up with excuses and we'll spend the week hearing how we should of lost, but got lucky...

    i want a blowout damnit...but a win is good enough...as long as the Hammer reintroduces his 'old' self to the Rams' Holt and Bulger...

    ReplyDelete
  7. im a little surprised...but so far every espn 'penissniffer...i mean, expert' has picked us to win...amazing...we are supposedly one of the creampuffs they refer to on the Rams schedule...but yet

    -no Jack, or Eng
    -Rams beat us 3 time slast year
    -its a road game
    -refs
    -attitude shift hasnt done enough to warrant us elite yet

    i know they probably think its more the Rams suck then we are good...however, id say its both...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have two wishes for the game:

    1. A Seahawks win

    2. Marcus Trufant not to get beat. I will be wearing his jersey at the Special Ed dome on Sunday. 

    Posted by Alan

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Special Ed" dome...that's a good one Monkey! 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I almost responded to Vinny too..LOL.

    Nice work. Couldn't a said it better muhself.

    Looking forward to yakin during the game this weekend. Got my stuff set up in my room now so I'm ready to watch the Hawks kick some Lamb ass, and celebrate with my favorite bunch of Hawkaholics.

    I love you guys. ;) 

    Posted by Vinnyhawkalugi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hawk-a-holics....classic! 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  12. Point 3, great point! "And I'm pretty sure Hackett and Urban can match K-Rob's 2 catches. " Classic.

    alba, for the continued skimming, no wireless access for you today. You must run back and forth one more week. Quickly! 

    Posted by JoSCh

    ReplyDelete
  13. WE WON!!!!!!!

    More Koolaid for my men!!!!! 

    Posted by vinnyhawkalugi

    ReplyDelete