Saturday, September 09, 2006

Caffeinated Sports: Can it be the same?

In the latest edition of Caffeinated Sports, I start to wonder if this year's team can mean as much to the city of Seattle as last year's did.

Today, I saw the NFL Films Story of the 2006 Seahawks. Nothing gets a fan more jacked up for the season quite like the NFL Films storybook. Seriously, if you're a 49er fan, you can pop in the DVD of last year's team, and they will tell you that Alex Smith is poised to have a break out season and that Mike Nolan is a coaching genius.

If aliens ever visit Earth after human civilization is wiped out, and they find the team videos from all 32 NFL teams, they will not be able to tell who was good or bad. I know this because I can hardly tell who was good or bad by watching the videos. Have to double check and make sure that no, the 49ers did not actually make the playoffs. Video had me thinking.

At any rate, as they replayed the NFC Championship game highlights, a question popped into my head. Then it did what all column-producing ideas do: it stayed there. It lingered around, made itself comfortable, and used my neurons as a personal treadmill. The question would not go away.

To read the rest...go to Caffeinated Sports.

Can it be the same?

Please leave a comment on that page, and happy reading.

No comments: