This is my 3rd year breaking down the season, the first two being pretty much in tandem with monkey. Looks like im alone on this one, and I sounded off, loud and clear. First my prediction for divisional standings, with no win-loss records as im not going to look at every single game being played this year. Secondly, my Power Rankings, which are better than most, as I touch on a few strengths and weaknesses for every team...more than ESPN, but don't expect serious detail. Its pretty much for people who only follow the Seahawks and want to learn about their opponents on the schedule. Finally, I make my predictions for the playoffs, with a surprise Super Bowl threat that is WAY under the radar. Enjoy, I worked hard, so please comment, even if you skimmed to the good stuff.
East- Dallas, New York G, Philadelphia, Washington
West- Seattle, St Louis (tie), Arizona (tie), San Francisco
North- Chicago, Minnesota (tie), Detroit (tie), Green Bay
South- Carolina, Tampa Bay (tie), Atlanta (tie), New Orleans
East- Miami, New England, New York J. (tie), Buffalo (tie)
West- Denver, San Diego (tie), Kansas City (tie), Oakland
North- Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Cleveland
South- Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Houston
32. San Francsico - Hard to believe it, but San Francisco got worse this offseason, with the loss of Peterson. Lawson will be a good one, but his presence doesn't make their defense suddenly great. Their offense is putrid with a still below mediocre oline. Can Gore handle it all with Barlow not there to help their pretty ugly committee? Tis otay, tay like being on theh bothom. Hey, its Moe!
31. Buffalo - Outside of their linebackers, they have nothing. McGahee is all talk and little else. Their QB, along with their LBs love to get injured. Long year ahead. I wouldn't bet on them in Vegas if I used buffalo chips.
30. New York J - They have Coles. Ugh, and Vilma. Oh, and that QB we haven't seen for what seems like a decade. No secondary. No running back. No oline. No shot in St Lo---I mean hell. Ay, close enough.
29. New Orleans - Hmm...well I think they have LBs. At least they look at LBers...then again, so did Alba's last fling. WOLF. Brees adds a decent arm to a umm, well, the non-Stallworth brothers. Too bad.
28. Green Bay - Best secondary in the league, and one of their best pickups happened to be a Safety. Maybe not on paper, but they were very good against the pass last year. Hawk should come in and do stuff. Without Walker, though, Favre is going to be forced into retirement. Right now I bet he wishes he did retire...hes getting up there. Perhaps playing with fellow nursing home roomies would help him more.
27. Oakland - Ah the Pirates of the Caribbean stand ins. Jack Sparrow managed to slip out of trouble. Too bad these guys are stuck. As a Seahawk fan, I have to say NO MERCY. Go get a...well, everything.
26. Detroit - Biggest losers in football. Their FO sucks. Their fans are jerks (for rooting for Pittsburgh in the SB). Talk about bad luck. You have very little on both ends, with Mr. Boss Bailey as your sole reason to live. If that wasn't enough, you helped piss off the best team in football. Ford Field, fans, Lions ownership...what goes around comes around. YOU'RE NEXT.
CONITNUED WITH COMPLETE POWER RANKINGS AND PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS==>
(to comment, click the green number to the right of the title above)