Saturday, May 21, 2005

Stevens on KJR Radio

Click the external link to go to KJR Softy show then click on the Jerramy Stevens link to hear the interview.

Perhaps the most interesting thing said was when he specifically called out Anthony Simmons as having a bad attitude, playing for a paycheck. He really had some hard things to say about him.

Also he spoke quite a bit about the new improved attitude since Ruskell has arrived, he said that the last three years there just wasn't the commaraderie but that this year feels much different. He spoke about the participation in the voluntary workouts and how much better (for the most part) it was this year.

He was extremely forthcoming about just how much the first Rams loss took the wind out of their sails last season, called it the turning point of the season.

I know that I mentioned when I posted the breakout player poll, that I honestly believe that Stevens is truly getting his act together, but just the fact that his weight is down and he reportedly looks cut, not to mention the fact that he has gotten almost all the snaps so far at TE; I really am looking for much bigger things from him this year. This was one of the most positive interviews I have heard in a long time, everything Stevens is saying sounds SO good to me, the attitude sounds great and he is really talking up Tim Ruskell's approach. I'm really beginning to buy into the new and improved Jerramy Stevens and after listening to the interview I think you guys will too.

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm....it's cold, red, sugary, and oh so sweet...it must be KOOL AID!!!

    Stevens DEFINITELY sounds more convincing about his personal turn around and commitment than Koren did in that fluff piece he did on Seahawks.com

    Man, talk about shooting from the hip too. Calling out Simmons, talking about getting tighter with Matt, saying he's got different skills than Mili...but he did it all with professionalism and tact.

    Liked the way he talked about the impact the new FO staff is having too.

    Thanks for posting this interview Monkdy, it was definitely worth the 18 minutes and change to hear it all the way through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I know that some will say that I am just setting myself up for dissapointment, but listening to this, I just don't believe it. He is a very well spoken intelligent young man who actually quit drinking last year before the season started. In a sense, I am looking at this as his sophomore season because the first season, he was still drinking and otherwise doing stupid crap. It has now been a full year off the booze and a full offseason of buying into the workout program, working with Hass and he's in the best shape of his life.
    I just can't help myself on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I expect great things from Jerramy this year. Having said that, I expected that every year since we drafted him.

    ANY tight end that gets picked in the first round is either in the pro bowl or a dissapointment. TE's are a lot like fullbacks and safeties in that they rarely go in the first round, so when thay do, they'd better produce.

    Better late than never, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chug away gentlemen, chug away. 

    Posted by check

    ReplyDelete