Thursday, September 01, 2005

Nicknames

I was listening to the Dan Patrick radio show while out for lunch and he was talking about how there's no more creative nicknames in sports anymore, like "The Fridge" and "Sweetness" and "Crazy Legs".

Those who have been around here for awhile know I love to bestow nicknames on players and contributors alike, and fancy myself to be a bit of a creative comedian in that respect. (humble too!)

I'm trying to get the name AVIS to stick for Seneca, and have really grown to like my new handle for Bannister...HANDRAIL...so I'd like to see what other contributors can come up with for nicknames.

Let's see who can come up with some creative nicknames for your favorite Seahawk players.

14 comments:

  1. See, now THAT's what I'm talking about. Good one GOX! 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  2. ATM is Gary Payton's nickname...bestowed by Jim Rome after he was robbed as a rookie in Oakland with $50k in cash on his person.

    Handrail?  uuuuuhhhg. 

    Posted by police and thieves

    ReplyDelete
  3. bannister will always be "mr. collarbone" in my book.

    kaz = spaz

    and the bear's guy will continue to be called as such until i can remember his name.

    "mudbone" was a pretty good one.

    of course, i have lots of nicknames for opposing teams, but this is a family blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who is "mudbone"?

    And I think even after we get to know his name, he'll always be known as "The Bear's Guy" 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie Sharper: 'Pledge'...always cleaning your clock!

    Marc Bulger: 'Bait'...?...kinda obvious...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hasselbeck-Chrome Dome?
    Sharper-Rude Boy
     

    Posted by OutsideContain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fanball has Bald Bomber  for Hass' nickname, similar to Outsides entry... 

    Posted by JoSCh

    ReplyDelete
  8. John Clayton = "Uglyface"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sean "My wife is Heather" Locklear

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christian "Ain't gonna play no" Mohr

    ReplyDelete
  11. David "Yes, I'm very" Greene

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tony "My wife is Darrell" Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  13. Michael "If you kiss it, it will" Harden

    ReplyDelete
  14. saving the best for last eh Blue?

    i also like the Christian Mohr one... 

    Posted by ADP

    ReplyDelete