Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Off Into The Sunset



The cowboy fell off the horse...

The Seattle Seahawks released Jerheme Urban today, and signed Rodney Bailey.

Out of the 2nd round of cuts, Bailey was #1 on my list of who I wouldn't mind, should we sign someone...

Best of luck to Urban.

UPDATE: If you read this within 20 mins of when I put it up, I changed the link at the top...it has a LITTLE detail on Bailey's history, for those unaware. Ohio State is known for its defenses, and he was a pretty good backup before injuries last year...they must not be a concern now because we all know Seattle would not of signed him if there was worries....IMO, he is our #3 DE...maybe not yet, but he will be an upgrade over Tafoya and Kashama.

5 comments:

  1. Sad day. He'll catch (pun intended) on somewhere though, and who knows, maybe he'll end up here again someday. In the meantime, I'd like to open the speculation on where he goes by saying it will be either San Fran or Green Bay. 

    Posted by PaulieP

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think Green Bay will sign Pathon before he leaves his visit whenever it is...

    SF is always a safe bet for any halfway decent receiver to go...

    I will say another team to look at would be Indy...maybe even Dallas (his fav. team...hes a cowboy type of guy...they needs WRs...decent fit overall)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I feel bad poking fun at him in my TWM piece...of course my rendition of You've Lost that Loving Feeling turned out to be right on the money, didn't it??!! 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as I hate to see Urban go, especially since I finally got the knack of spelling Jerheme correctly, I'm psyched to see that they're still tinking with the roster as the season rolls on.

    I heard Bryan Cox on the radio on the way home from work, and he was saying that your record really doesn't matter until about week 5. It's from then on that you really got to concentrate on winning. Up until then, you're still feeling guys out and tinking with your line ups. He mentioned that when he won the SB with the Patriots they started like 1-4 or 2-3 or something like that.

    I'm also taking a little credit for calling this move too, not specifically, but more generally in my What Would Ruskell Do (WWRD) piece.

    Good luck Jerheme. I have to agree that he'll be a 49er or Packer or even possibly an Eagle. 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  5. didnt the Jets go 1-4 to start a season a few years ago and make the playoffs?

    that said...we're in the NFC..NFC West to be even more specific...we have a legit shot at the division, wild card, and maybe even a first round bye

    ReplyDelete