Friday, December 16, 2005

mon-KEYS to the Game

At first glance, this game vs. the four win Titans appears to be an extremely lopsided afair.
Actually at second and third glance it does too.

If games were played on paper this one would be easy, but games aren't played on paper, and often games that look like blowouts on paper end up being much closer in this parity driven NFL than one would expect.

The Titans are one of those unfortunate teams, like the Forty Niners and Rams who had an incredible run just a few years ago, but ran into salary cap hell, and are now in rebuilding mode.

There is not alot left from those recent glory days, but there are still a few key components who can give any team, any time, any where, trouble.

read the rest

7 comments:

  1. Great piece...and properly formatted too!!!

    My biggest concern about this game is Matt's tendency to throw into coverage when under pressure, ala the Jacksonville game and one ill advised INT to the Giants, which of course you covered so eloquently in your Offensive keys.

    The defense has just got to continue to play with reckless abandon, flying around, hitting everything that moves, and forcing the ball to pop out.

    I see us winning this going away. 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the offense has to establsih its rythm quickly. D Jacks been out a while so put him back in. Remember the Eagles game in the opening drive they kept on passing to Stevens, well this time keep passing to Jackson.

    MAKE SURE ALECANDER SCORES ALL THE TOUCHDOWNS! FANTASY PLAYOFFS HAVE STARTED AND I NEED TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!

    24-9 is an insult i say 42-3

    ReplyDelete
  3. 56-0 

    Posted by Your deity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meezy, you could be in trouble down the stretch, I see a lot more passing TDs than in past weeks.

    I'm thinking 4 TDs for Matt and 1 for Shaun. 

    Posted by vin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't! I think that we will always use Alex in the red zone because it works. Why stop?

    Matt will get his, especially now that DJack is back, and Alex will continue to get his because it works. Why change when it works Vin?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just lost my fantasy game, dam Carson Palmer. 

    Posted by o-meezy

    ReplyDelete
  7. And Chris Cooley... 3 TD's, seriously. And the SeaD. They killed me today in my w/c game on NFL.com. Still cruising in my biggest $ game tho. Getting into that final. 

    Posted by JoSCh

    ReplyDelete