Tuesday, December 06, 2005

What the @!%# was he thinking

Is anyone else pissed about the way Holmy handled the WJ situation? The guy has 2 slip-ups the previous week and Holmy puts him on a short leash for last night's game. Then when WJ's guy gets10 feet of Matt, Holmy has the nerve to bench him when it's only 42-0. It's these "game on the line" decision that just drive me nuts.

Not only that, Holmy goes on to pull MH, SA and Robby Tobeck just to prove his point! Ok Mike, we get it. You're winning. Aren't you the big man!

It's time to fire Holmy and bring in a coach that knows how to focus on the big picture, the long term, a guy who's been there--the SB. Yeah, Holmy has put together the best O-line in the league, and has the number one offense, but where were the special team touchdowns last night? The defense scored 21, the offense scored 21, but special team--zip, nada, the big goose egg.

You can't win week-in-and-week-out with your offense scoring the majority of your touchdowns. It's a recipe for disaster. The talent is in place, the front office is in place, now the team needs a coach that doesn't make arbitrary, non-sensical decisions like last night's benchings. The Hawks need to hire Mike Martz now! Martz would know that when you're up by 42 in the 3rd quarter, in adverse weather conditions, you don't bench your starters.

Holmy is lucky he won and the fans have a sense of humor.

10 comments:

  1. LOL - Boke, but a post like this could get you drawn and quartered on the ST site. Everything is taken literally over there.

    And the NFL Films microphones have picked up this exchange between Shaun and Coach Holmgren:

    HOLMS: "That's it Shaun, I'm shutting it down with this huge lead"

    SA: "C'mon coach. It's MNF, I've got a few records in my sites, and I'm having FUN!"

    HOLMS: "Sorry. Too risky. Besides, Andy's a good friend of mine and I don't want to be rude"

    SA: "Can I go in as Defensive Back then? C'mon, Dyson's hurt and Herdon's out."

    HOLMS: "What?"

    SA: "Yeah, with the way the Philly QBs keep throwing it to us, I can get my yardage and TDs that way."

     

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is freaking hilarious. Good one, bokie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was hilarious bok, very nicely done. 

    Posted by PaulieP

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Holmy is lucky he won and the fans have a sense of humor.'

    So are you...

    I was ready to go off for a second, like wtf? lol...good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm still laughin about that one alba. Good stuff Bok 

    Posted by o-meezy

    ReplyDelete
  6. EeeeeeeeeeeeeCLEAR!.......(whoomp)...OK we have rythem.

    Whew! Almost Lost Vinny there Bok.....nice job bro!

    alba, bet you were waiting for the big blow up huh. ;) 

    Posted by Vinny

    ReplyDelete
  7. DAMN MODERN MEDICINE....I thought this would surely rid the world (and the ST site) of the nafarious VINNY!! DRATS! 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really disappointed. I thought I'd catch at least one skimmer and get a WTF rant. 

    Posted by bokonon

    ReplyDelete
  9. I gotta say, I LOVE this picture of Matt! 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I was gonna TWM it, it kinda looks like he is eating an ice cream cone and got a brain-freeze. 

    Posted by JoSCh

    ReplyDelete