Tuesday, December 06, 2005

monkey's Banana Peel Award


The award given to the offensive and defensive players who best slip up the opposition.

First off, let me say to any fantasy football players who had the insight and temerity to start the Seahawks defense this week...congrats on your win this week, I know you did.

Also to Mike Holmgren, looks like whatever you said to Lofa Tatupu and LeRoy Hill about not hitting the rookie wall worked, really, really worked!

I just have to include this quote because it's too sweet; Tatupu appeared incredulous after the game when a reporter suggested the Seahawks had been spotted 28 points. "We were spotted 28 points?" he asked. "I thought it was 0-0 when we started." That's right media, *monkey is doing a rather naughty dance, shouting woohoo and making rude gestures and spanking motions with his hand* Can you feel that media, can you feel that?!?

O.K. now I have have worked up a sweat (and quite possibly strained something, I am too old and fat for that kind of nonsense) I'll get on to the awards.

read the rest

7 comments:

  1. Well done my friend.

    I like how you started by flinging some monkey dung out of your cage at the media, and the ended it the same way, with a hilarious crackback on our favorite media crackhead.

    One point of correction. Kevin Dyson almost took the superbowl from the Rams. Andre Dyson is our favorite hobbing Seahawk in powder blue threads !

    And I like Lofa as he's got an edge to him. Introducing himself from his high school, probably not to take anything away from the current class at USC burning up the BCS. And then having the sack to go all "Rocky VI" on the goal post after his Pick-6 lottery ticket came in!

    And kudos for recognizing the coaching job Holms has done this season, especially with the Rooks. This is why as dominant and exciting as this game was, I don't expect there to be a let down against SF next week.

    What a great year to be a Seahawks fan! 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good catch alba, I fixed it, I don't know why I typed Kevin there, oh well, just hating on the Lammies subconsciously I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Boulware. Actually I'm pretty happy he didn't make it in, getting Shaun that TD instead of for the D allowed the coach to sit Shaun as early as he did. If Shaun had finished under 50 and with just one TD... stat hog or not, he'd have been right to be pissed. Maybe the coach promised him 60 carries in the next 2 games to keep him calm.

    No doubt Lofa is the man. I was actually a bit pissed when he did the high school thing, but I'll put it down as youthful giddiness in his first (of many) MNF appearaces. In fact, I just let my wife know that my next jersey is going to be 51, and very soon. Unfortunately my friend sent me this , just to be a dick I guess. Whatever, to quote a notable skimmer, "What a great year to be a Seahawks fan!  " 

    Posted by JoSCh

    ReplyDelete
  4. At one point I commented during the game "how many guys on our team wear #51, because there seem to be a LOT of them out there tonight!!"

    Lofa was up at the line stuffing 3rd down conversions, and back in coverage picking off passes.

    While our offense was on the field he was selling hot dogs in the stands, coreographing cheerleading routines, and pitching in with color commentary on the all Samoan radio network.

    I haven't been able to confirm it yet, but I also hear that the team flight had some trouble leaving Philly in the snow, so Lofa came up from First Class to give the pilot a hand in taking off.

     

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  5. If Lofa doesn't get defensive rookie of the year i'm gonna shoot somebody. This guy is the real deal. He's the best player on our defense and i can't think of a single defender rookie or not who's havin a better year than him.

    If you could play just your rookie year retire, and be inducted into the hall of fame it should got to Lofa Tatupu. 

    Posted by o-meezy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quick question has Andre Dyson wen't an entire game without gettin hurt, sick or somethin that kept him out of the game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Next question. 

    Posted by JoSCh

    ReplyDelete