Thursday, December 01, 2005

NFC West Update week 13



Here's something that will cheer everyone up.

As little credit and/or national attentiopn the Seahawks are getting...the rest of the division is getting even less!

Before we get to the standings here's a fun stat.

NFC West Winning Percentage: .432
Division winning percentage without Seattle: .303

I suggest we go shout that over and over outside Dr. Z's office.

The standings
Seattle 9-2 (5-0)
St. Louis 5-6 (1-4)
Arizona 3-8 (2-3)
San Fransisco 2-9 (1-2)



St. Louis Rams
Last week: 33-27 (OT) over Houston

The skinny: Ryan Fitzpatrick looked really, really good. Obviously he would have to be to lead the Rams to that kind of comeback.

That said, the rookie won't start this week. And the Rams allowed the 1-9 Texans to have nearly a perfect half. They should just lose to keep their fans from being seriously let down further in the season.

This week: vs. Washington

Arizona Cardinals
Last week: 24-17 loss to Jacksonville

The skinny: Yeah...that week 1 loss to the Jags was SUCH A TERRIBLE LOSS for Seattle...(Jacksonville's 8-3)

Sorry, just had to throw that in there.

On Sunday, my favorite non-Seahawk failed for the first time this season. Neil Rackers sent a 43 yarder wide left. (And if Rackers can miss from 43, please people. Get off of the Seahawks for being lucky for Jay Feeley missing 3)

More of the same from the Cardinals. 301 pasing yards. 67 rushing yards.

I think that calls for another fun stat! (tm)

The Cards have 768 rushing yards this season.
Shaun Alexander has 1,339.
The Cardinals have 57% of Shaun Alexander's yardage total.

This week: at San Fransisco

San Fransisco 49ers
Last week: 33-22 loss to Tennessee

The skinny: If ESPN had any sense of humor they would take the coverage of San Fran's week 17 match-up with Houston away from CBS. They would send the College Game Day crew there to do the pregame show. Lee Corso would hold up a Texans or 49ers jersey with the number 1 and the name on the back would read BUSH. Mel Kiper would be the sideline reporter. They'd call it the Reggie Bush Bowl.

I'd watch.

If you haven't picked up on this by now, the 49ers are really, really bad. They play hard, but sometimes no matter how hard you work you just can't compete. I remember the Seahawks going through these years, and for that reason feel sorry for Niner fans.

Then I think about us getting home field advantage, and I feel a lot better.

This week: vs. Arizona

Enjoy the games,

Alan

6 comments:

  1. Good stuff Alan. I second the Reggie Bush Bowl, I would watch it and i think if the media was that creative alot of people would watch.

    Whats up with Dr. Z. I remeber now he stated that before the season he was pissed that the Seahawks made him look stupid like he had lost a big bet because they didn't live up to the expectations of 2004 and he had picked them to go to the superbowl then he vowed to be a hater after that so he hopped on the Cardinals bandwagon. Wonder what he'll say about the Cardinals next year.

    Who would yall rather take Michael Irvin, Peter King, or Dr. Z 

    Posted by o-meezy

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had to chose, I'd take Peter King. He's a homer, but he's usually very knowledgable and usually puts out good stuff.

    Despite reading Dr. Z every week in Sports Illustrated I never liked him. He a) always picks against the Seahawks and b) never defends his choices. Now he thinks the NFL is played at Arthur Ash Court.

    Micheal Irvin...as one friend put it yesterday. "This is what he says, 'You're wrong. I disagree with you! How can you think that. You're wrong, and I disagree!'" is the basis of most of his arguments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One flaw Alan...the Rams confirmed they WILL start Fitzpatrick...I know, I know...big whippty doo! lol


    Yeh...im still annoyed...the Rams need to go


    And I don't want to defend our rivals...but I doubt half the teams in the league could survive the Rams offense...seriously...the only way to beat them is to shut them down, or outscore them...luckily, we can, and so can Arizona (outscore, at least) 

    Posted by adp

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Houston drafts Bush...they can expect a few more years of suckiness...Bush is great, will be great...BUT...D Brickshaw Ferguson is a GREAT tackle...and they need to fix that oline or NO RB will produce...Ferguson is the best T prospect in the draft thelast few years...even over the overhyper Robert Gallery


    Houston needs a great olinesmen...and a few more average or better guys...I'd use my first 3 picks on oline if I were them...im serious...I honestly believe, they don't know how good Carr could be, or even Dominick Davis...thats because those two haven't had a chance to do anything with a horrific oline like that...Andre Johnson's growth has been stunted as well


    49ers get Bush...argh lol...heres hoping Baltimore or New Orleans, or Green Bay pass them for the #1 pick 

    Posted by adp

    ReplyDelete
  5. I apologize for the error. At press time I was under the impression that Joe Vitt was a total retard.

    He apparently has wised up, and will start the Harvard Wunderkind.

    Due to the Rams "protection" scheme, Fitzpatrick will retire at the end of the game from multiple concussions. He will end up being a senator, because thats what Harvard guys do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alan...you're ON FIRE man.

    That ESPN College Gameday scenario is some funny shit.

    Don't feel bad about the late decision on Fitzpatrick. I hear it went something like this:

    RAMS FO: Who you starting this week?
    VITT: I'm going back to Jamie Martin
    RAMS FO: Did you hear Mike Martz wants to come back and coach this season.
    VITT: Did I say Jamie Martin? Silly me, I meant that Fitzpatrick guy.
    RAMS FO: That's what we thought!

    I love the new "fun stats" too.

    Good work all around! 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete