Sunday, December 04, 2005

Seahawks Clinch NFC West



I'd say this was topic worthy.

Back to back seasons, Seattle has once again come out in front of the NFC West, the lone stander for the division crown, andmost likely the lone stander representing this division.

Seattle has clinched a Top 4 seed, along with at least one home playoff game...Rams drop to 5-7 with their loss to Washington. Washington is now at 6-6 and right ahead of St. Louis, so should the Rams make a run, they will have to go through at least 8 other teams...Their hopes are all but dead.

The Indianapolis Colts also have clinched today, leaving 10 spots remaining to the scrubs of the NFL who weren't good enough to clinch this week (haha).

They can now concentrate on the first round bye and home field advantage.

7 comments:

  1. Dammit, ADP, you beat me to it....I was coming to post THIS 
     

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just hope they don't get too hyped up about clinching a playoff spot and start to slack off or play soft to avoid injury we still need to get a 1st round bye and home field advantage through out the playoffs. 

    Posted by o-meezy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So when do the playoff tickets go on sale. I need to buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While it's true the Colts also clinched, all they clinched was a wild card spot. The Seahawks are still the FIRST TEAM to clinch a Division Title.

    Add to that the fact Seattle is the first back-to-back NFC West champion in like FOREVER, I think dating back to the last good 49er teams.

    While I want to wrap up HFA, I'm not sorry the Bears won, as it's something to keep the guys focused tomorrow night.

    I'm sure Holms is working right now in tempering anyone's enthusiasm. 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha sorry Alba...

    I rather have the Panthers put pressure on us then the Bears...

    Im not jealous of the media attention Chicago is getting, I just can't stand how lucky they are (well, they get a lot of breaks)

    I rather have just Carolina down our backs rather then both

    I was trying to make a picture of either the Seahawks logo, or that one picture with a huge Seahawks dressed in a jersey...and add a crown on top of their heads...but yeh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. o-meazy

    Tickets are on sale now to season ticket holders. I think they go on sale to everyone after the 16th 

    Posted by bokonon

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's also a drawing for playoff tix on Seahawks.com 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete