Wednesday, June 01, 2005

And then there was ONE!

Looking on NFL.com to see if there was any info on June 1 cuts I came across this story about Eagles RB Brian Westbrook signing his one year tender.

Since Edge signed his awhile ago, and Westbrook inking his today, I think that leave our ProBowl RB as one of the last franchised players to agree to terms with his team.

Hopefully this will be an inidication to Shaun that the pot of gold is waiting for him at the end of the 2005 rainbow, so it's time to re-up with the Seahawks, have another great year, and cash in big next year on the free agent market.

4 comments:

  1. Westbrook wasn't franchised, he was RFA. But good news none the less.

    And Henry is still out there, if a team all the sudden feels like paying a franchise RB they'd probably choose him over Shaun at this point. They can get Henry for similar trade material, assuming we haven't backed off our less than a first rounder, and for less $$.

    I am still all for a Rudi contract with a slightly bigger signing bonus, cap hit around 5 mil for 5 years. His much discussed "wimpy" running style should extend his career a couple of years ;-)
     

    Posted by Josh from SC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love that Alex pic, no matter how many times I see it, it makes me chuckle with that light at the end of his finger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of you when I posted it Monkey.

    SA...phone home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jesus loves me, this I know,
    Sixteen touchdowns tells me so,
    A fat contract gets me on track
    and pulls the knife out of my back

    Yessss Jesus loves me,
    Yessss Jesus loves me,
    Yessss Jesus loves me,
    But this franchise tag must go. 

    Posted by Josh from SC

    ReplyDelete