Friday, June 24, 2005

This Explains a Lot!

Jaguars | Taylor Speaks on His Injury
Fri, 24 Jun 2005 06:46:20 -0700

Jeff Elliott, of the Florida Times-Union, reports Jacksonville Jaguars RB Fred Taylor was interviewed on radio station WZNZ, 1460 AM Thursday, June 23. Taylor revealed that the knee injury he suffered in the Green Bay game last December was more serious than what was stated and that the Jaguars kept it under wraps. "It was a lot worse than initially thought," Taylor said about last year's knee injury. "How that came about, I don't know. It definitely was. They kept that under wraps. "I had an MCL and PCL combo [tear]. The thing that I heard was that it was just under the severity of an ACL, not as bad, but just below it because of the combination of the two. And that's what people failed to understand. Every time people saw me, they were thinking, 'Why are you still on crutches? Why aren't you walking correctly now?' Taylor said he was encouraged by his rehabilitation and that he expected to be ready to play in time for the season opener Sept. 11 against Seattle. He also said he didn't see the necessity to play in any of the Jaguars' four preseason games.

Now the fog has lifted and the picture becomes clearer! For all the denying that the Jags did, that they were seriously talking with the Seahawks about a trade for Alexander, I think there can be no doubt that it was true. And now we see why.

I wonder what the chances are that it still could happen? Even though Taylor said he'll be good to go when T.C. starts, I now have my doubts, he's always hurt anyway, but if this was as serious as he said, then we just may see SA in a Jags uniform next season. My guess is that the Jags will try to wait it out and see how Taylor looks in camp, but if he's a no go, they would be incredibly silly, to not go for a third rounder for the NFC's leading rusher last year, this would be an upgrade over Taylor anyway.

11 comments:

  1. I still say we would have to do better than a 3rd rounder for Shaun. the only beifit would be that we would free up some serious cash but what would we be left with?

    If this does transpire, the Hawks better have an ace up their sleeves waiting for this transaction to go down. It certainly won't happen until after july 15.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are mixing up your directions Eddie, technically, on a map, Detroit is more or less sideways. That's OK, I suspect you are a Rams fan, and Rams fans do have a difficult time with simple things like directions, reading maps, etc...

    We will be going down to St. Louis, once next season, to kick the Rams teeth down their throats though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still say 10% chance...unless its a 3 way trade where the Jaqs trade something to the Bills for Henry, and then trade Henry to us for SA (relieves cap)...nothing is going to happen


    there are still 3 teams ahead of us in the rumor mil for Henry, that could be a lack of our media coverage, or the actuality of whats goin on

    looking around, SA does way more work in the community then most people on our team...next to Jamie Moyer, the most ive ever seen from an athlete representing Seattle




    and rams fans can kiss my ass, definitely the most disfunctional team in the NFL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally hate Springs almost as much as Galloway or KRob, but I can certainly understand why you liked him ADP. As a guy who plays cornerback, I am sure you modeled you game after his to some degree, or at least tried to emulate his game a little. Hell, when I was in the Navy, I played MLB/Fullback on a league team, and you can tell, considering the guys who I "adopted" Niko Boulware and Lofa, all guys who play or did play MLB, and who, like me back then, were somewhat undersized. Come to think of it, I also played almost half a season at Strong safety.
    So ya, I can understand why you grew up liking Springs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah he was a decent influence...i really dont model my game after anyone, but i do my workouts like Ronde Barber and Rod Woodson


    I never knew why i liked him...i just did i guess

    not too weird eh? 

    Posted by ADP

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's from Wisconsin. Check his Bio, he's a suit. Stocks bonds, nothing listed about sports at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He likes shopping for crysakes.
    Who posts a picture like that?

    I think he believes this is Wall Street, not 12Street.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At this point we would loose out if we traded Alexander.I would rather sign him to a long term deal.
     

    Posted by SHONUFF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your blog! It is a great outlet from a long day at work!

    Keep spreading the good word!!!

    -- Kara 

    Posted by Kara Ruffin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sho, do we really need to spend that kind of money on a HB? He's going to want elite money,and I just don't see the Hawks paying him elite money unless his 'overall' game improves. After all he's not the only great HB out there.  

    Posted by vinnyhawkalugi

    ReplyDelete