Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Name That Seahawk



This is a first in a series I am creating to battle the offseason fatigue. It has been well documented that I am a self proclaimed Sad Sack during the offseason and will do just about anything, legal or otherwise, to keep me from jumpimg off a bridge while waiting for the Genisis of yet another season of Football.

The title is pretty self explanitory. I will provide clues to pictures given from college careers or pictures of present and former Seahawks players in civilian clothes, maybe a baby picture if I can find one. Anybody can play and winners get nothing except the soon to be, highly acclaimed and coveted bragging rights.

I considered awarding prizes but poverty has prevented me from awarding anything better than an old used tissue, some holy underpants with skid marks, old food wrappers licked clean by me an my dog Hogan, an empty Old English 800 can or maybe an old newspaper stolen off a bum downtown while fighting for extra covers to keep me warm at night. So without further Ado...

Name that Hawk...

Clues..

Consensus All-American
Finished 9th in Heisman Trophy
First Team All-Pac 10
UCLA Athletic Hall of Fame
National Football Foundation Hall of Fame
UCLA retired jersey
AFC Defensive Player of the Year

I should take a couple of these clues out because it just might make it a bit too easy but for the first time, I'll just let'er rip.

6 comments:

  1. Kenny Easley (even before seeing Gox's answer!) 

    Posted by alba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific idea Max! Of course that one is one of my all time favorite Hawks Kenny Easley.
    I think most of us are too big of Seahawks geeks to slip that one by us. This will be a terrific feature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya bastards, I'm definatly making the next one harder. I was going to blur his jersey number and be a bit more vague in the way that I give the clues.

    Great, now that everybody is on board. I'll search for some tougher pics and see if I can stump you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its not too easy, you're just dealing with avid fans. Would it make you happy if I guessed Michael Jackson? If there was ever a doubt it was Easley, you gave it away with the AFC Defensive Player of the Year clue! 

    Posted by Michael K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh you got to be kidding me...



    i honestly had no idea, because im not that old (not that its old or anything...)...but i was thinking Kenny Easley...and was afraid to throw that out there because i could of been way off and look stupid


    this sucks...i honestly thought that was him...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I deleated the year info on all the acalades to try to at least make somebody do a little searching. Frigging Ghost comes in a 5am and Bam, blew me out with the right answer.
    Yes, I would have been happy had there been at least one answer and since we used to have a Micheal Jackson it would have at least been in the same era.

    Trust me, the next one is going to take some work.

    ReplyDelete