Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Drew Bledsoe Honored

So, folks. This is my first post under my new "identity," "Citizen K."





I came across this article in my hometown paper, the Walla Walla Union Bulletin. Apparently Walla Walla's third-best-known son (after Adam West - Batman - and Supreme Court Justice William Doulas,) Drew Bledsoe, has been voted into in the World Sports Humanitarian Hall of Fame. This was due mostly to his work with parenting education, through he and his parents' foundation, Parenting With Dignity. Congratulations to Mr. Bledsoe for his dedication to being a good human being on and off the football field.

Theirs is a subjective parenting approach, which I may or may not agree with, but I applaud the Bledsoes for their caring and willingness to donate time and money for a cause which will they feel is worthwhile. I wish everyone could do the same.

3 comments:

  1. OK, I knew Drew was a stand up guy, but thanks to your article I learned three things:

    1. Supreme Court Justice William Doulas is a Walla Walla native
    2. World Sports Humanitarian Hall of Fame
    3. Adam West has a Cool Web Site!!!

    I had always hoped that Bledsoe would have found himself on the Seahawks during his younger days, as I thought it would have been great to have a "local kid with a rifle for an arm" running the team.

    Maybe we should send Koren over to the Bledsoe's for the summer and REALLY test out their parenting skills??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bledsoe is the type of person who you can root for more than just because he is an athlete, he is a human concerned with the human condition and with giving back to the society which he recognizes has given him so much. I root for Bledsoe for the same reasons I rooted for guys like Largent or John Olerud or David Robinson, etc...they transcend athletics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait. Adam West is also the pride of Puyallup (a la Chad Eaton, Megan Qwann, and "countless" others). He went to my elementary school quite a few years before I did.

     

    Posted by PositivePaul®

    ReplyDelete