Friday, April 22, 2005

Note to Contributors: Draft Day Preparation

UPDATE: We still need help for day 2, rounds 4-7. See below.

We need to be just a little organized for this weekend's draft, to prevent multiple posts and keep down the clutter.

First of all, I would like for contributors to place "dibs" on a draft pick or picks to be responsible for featuring. Do this on the comments to this thread. No ifs, ands, or maybes, just commit concretely to the pick you'd like, so the other contributors see clearly what picks are left and respond accordingly.

Here is what you have to choose from:

UPDATED TO SHOW SELECTIONS:

Round/Order/Overall/Contributor
1/23/(23)/Check
2/22/(54)/Monkey
3/21/(85)/Monkey
3/34/(98)/Check
4/20/(121)
4/25/(126)
5/23/(159)
6/22/(196)
7/21/(235)
7/40/(254)

Someone can also take a 'contingency' position and cover trades, new players and new picks.

Once you know what picks you have, your respective jobs is to be alert to the Seahawks' turn to make their pick and announcement for your selections, and post a new thread reflecting this announcement with the players' name mentioned. You might even have a new post ready, so all you have to do is type in the name of the player and immediately post. This way others can comment immediately on the pickup. Don't get caught up in commenting on the selection just yet, you have more work to do.

Next you need to go back and edit your post. Add a picture, and a brief comment if you like. Repost the thread.

Go back and edit the post again. Now, go surf the net and find good information on the new Seahawk and copy the links over to the post you are editing. As soon as you have some good stuff, publish it again.

As long as you keep finding good information about the new pick, keep coming back and posting it to the official thread. Feel free to comment at this point as well.

The whole objective in this organization is to keep topics contiguous, double posting to a minimum, all the while keeping the information as up-to-date as possible. It will enable visitors to get information and comment in real-time, and keep our crap from

I will be maintaining a thread "always on top" that serves as an introductory headline with links to chat and other features.

Most everyone on the Seahawk universe will be looking for draft info, so *please* keep off-topics to an absolute minimum.

If you guys can help with this it will be ABSOLUTELY COOL. It will put us on the map for sure. Not to mention be a whole lot of fun to take turns chatting and looking up info.

BTW: This is just practice for the regular season. Wait til you see how it works THEN.

If you're a little rusty on posting pic and links, don't worry about it. Check out the "How to Blog" in the Nav menu, and dive in anyway. We help each other around here.

I can't wait. So which pick(s) do YOU want?

13 comments:

  1. Great idea Blue. I'm kinda a draft neophite, so I'm probably gonna sit back and "watch and learn" as the posts are being made.

    Once somone is selected though, if anyone needs help dressing up their posts with pictures or links, let me know, and I'll be glad to lend a hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are terrific ides Bluefoot! Very very good! I was kinda wondering how this would work out.
    Some of us who want to do this may end up doing more than one pick it looks like. 10 picks and 12 contributors, but it seems that only some of them want to do this.
    I would love to do whatever you need done. I really have no preferrence and am willing to be the gopher, the guy who does the trades or one of the pics, whatever.

    I officially volunteer to be assigned a task by Bluefoot! Seiously bud, wherever you need me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would, if I could...but im having friends over to watch the draft with me...and we're not focusing just on the Seahawks...one is a Bucs fan, another is a Chargers fan...and we're focusing on the entire draft...not just our teams...

    would be hard to come on here and do this...

    if it makes you feel better, at heart, I wanted to get dibs on the first overall pick...

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem, ADP. I have family in town this weekend, too, and will only be able to jump in sporadically. That's why I'm only committing to the main thread.

    C'mon you guys. I've never done any of this before, either. Come to think of it, I've never blogged until two months ago.

    Ya just stick your neck out. It ain't gonna get chopped off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just remembered that monster (my wife) will be in Denver Saturday and Sunday, leaving me very free and available to do anything needed. I can spend both days being a draft GEEK. Sweet!
    I was a little worried she'd get pissed if I spent too much time on the draft this year. (She's not thrilled with the time I have spent here already). But she'll be in Denver on Union business so I have clear sailing. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since that is the case, and since no one else has spoken up, I would like to take the second pick or what would be that pick if we trade up in that round (I hope).

    ReplyDelete
  7. The draft's on ESPN isn't it? That leaves me out, I won't be home to post, no Cable ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have cable right now either, but there's always espn radio.com. That's how I plan to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If we need to take more than one pick, I would also like the first of the third round picks as well as the second pick.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gotcha, check. I up'd the post to reflect the commitments.

    Thanks, you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Does anyone know what rounds are on day 1?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first day is rounds one through three. The second gets more rounds because it typically goes so much faster.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I HAVE to go for the 4-20 pick. ;D

    ReplyDelete