Sunday, April 24, 2005

Spencer for Hire!

Seahawks.com has a few audio interviews with and about our #1 pick, and he sounds like a real down-to-earth kid who is genuinely excited about the opportunity to play in Seattle.

"I’m so excited; I’m trying to stop sweating. I can’t move right now."

"I’m real excited. All those veteran linemen they have up there, I want to get up there and learn from those guys, and block for Hasselbeck. Right now I’m speechless, my heart is racing fast."

"She’s (his fiance') from Vancouver, BC. She’ll be close to home, and her family will be excited. Her mom has been hoping that I would play in Seattle for a long time."

The kid sound pretty talented too.

"I think the strength of my game is run blocking. I was the high school state champion in power lifting, and my high school team played in the state championship game, and we ran the ball every down. We didn’t throw it one time. My high school team was a big running team. Getting in college, that is just something I love to do, and I really enjoy doing that."

And he passes the Ruskell "quality of character" test.

"They call me 'Hollywood'. They said I was running for mayor, because everybody on campus knew me, everybody in town knew me. Every where I go, my friends hated to go with me, because somebody was going to stop me and talk to me."

Spencer on being a Seahawk Windows Real

Ruskell on Spencer Windows Real

Holmgren on Spencer Windows Real

1 comment:

  1. His strength is run blocking?
    Why did Seattle draft him then, since Holmgren is married to the pass...?

    ReplyDelete