Friday, April 29, 2005

Who's Cooler Than Clare?


In his piece in the Post Intelligencer this morning, the article by Clare Farnsworth incorrectly referred to the Seahawks releasing "right tackle Chris Gray", instead of Chris Terry.

I emailed him when I ran into the typo this morning over my coffee, and this is the response that I just received from him:

Thanks. I just sent a correction to the new media folks to fix that. What can I say? A definite brain fart. I need a vacation. ... clare

Not only does the guy take time to reply to his readership, but he's willing to admit to an honest mistake. Sad that things like accessibility and personal responsibility are so refreshing in today's day and age!

7 comments:

  1. I really dig Clare.

    1. His columns are always spot-on. He makes Levesque appear to be a highly intelligent chimpanzee.

    2. He has replied to every single email I've ever sent him.

    If you ever read this Clare, I'm giving you props, even through all the jealousy over you doing this for money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone should tell him he type this, too:

    "...price the Seahawks were willing to play.

    Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez Blue, little snarky?

    I like Clare, but I like the TNT best. Homerism maybe, since I delivered it for a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clare has always done a great job. And I agree with him. After this offseason, anyone trying to keep up with the Hawks deserves a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you mean, Paulie.

    After the off-season we're going to have EVERYONE IN THE LEAGUE will be trying to keep up with the Seahawks!

    And we're going to do our best to give them all a nice early winter vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One reason I want the Hawks to tear it up this season is so that the entire National Media Brain Trust has to eat crow for an entire post season, after watching the Hawks and thier poor picks and huge reaches eat up teams like they were Walter at an all-you-can-eat buffet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As they say, "revenge is a dish best served cold!"

    ReplyDelete