Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Chris Davis 2003 - 2005

Dearly Beloved -

We are gathered here today, not to mourn the passing of Chris Davis as a Seahawk, but rather to celebrate the man who was known to those who loved him as "Moonlight Graham".

To paraphrase the ill fated baseball player from the movie Field of Dreams, when we think of Chris Davis and his brief career in Seattle, let us think it not a shame that he only got to play in just one regular season game, not ever being a Seahawk, now THAT would truly have been a shame.

His talent and charisma could not bring him the football accolades and success that he so desired, but according to inside sources, his last words before departing for the great beyond were "at least I had my own blog on the 12 Seahawks Street site."

So tonight ladies and gentlemen, as you are tucking your kids into bed, or kissing your spouse goodnight, pause breifly, blink and smile, as an apt tribute to fondly remember the Seattle Seahawks Career of Chris "Moonlight Graham" Davis."

Can I get an AMEN from the Choir??!!

9 comments:

  1. alba, I would like to express my condolences to you and your family at your tragic loss! It always hurts so much more when they are cut down in the prime of their life, he was just too young and full of life to go this way. It is a real tragedy, my thoughts go out to you on this sad, sad day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your condolencses, Monkey. At a time like this, it's good to be surrounded by friends! :-)

    Actually, it's a weird kind of tribute to the Adopt a Seahawk program, because without it, none of us wouldn't have really paid much attention to this notice today.

    So now our Full Back depth chart is Mack, the project knows as Tony Jackson, and an undrafted free agent named Leonard Weaver from Carson-Newman.

    Leonard Weaver from Carson-Newman? Sounds like a weasely producer from a studio trying pitch a new reality TV show!

    I had made the decision to also adopt Kelly "I Herndon thru the Grapevine" Herndon, so I'll be okay once the initial shock wears off.

    Maybe I should adopt the Tony Jackson kid and watch the project develop?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the end of a legend...






    and after Chad Brown left...



    now we have the end of the backup FB...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the choice of Herndon just obscure a name enough to give tou a challenge and still with the recent contract will be around for a while and will play, especially in the nickel D.
    I would be very interested to watch the Jackson project as it unfold as well, I actually liked the idea once I heard what the plan for him was, he can really block!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a lovely service BTW! I was touched.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be careful whom you pick, Alba. I don't want a real good players getting the "Alba Adopt-a-Curse".

    Chris Davis (choke)I know you're out there listening in cyberheaven (sob) but Mr. Fullback, we barely new ye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Blue, you really know how to comfort someone who's greiving!

    I feel a little like Mike Greenberg on the Mike & Mike in the morning show, as everyone he picks to win in the playoffs gets bumped off that week.

    With KH's long term deal, I think he's someone safe from the "Alba Adopt-a-Curse".

    However, if something bad does happen to him too, then my only choice will have to be adopting some of those butt-ugly SeaGals and let the Curse work to our advantage!

    ReplyDelete