Friday, April 22, 2005

Time for predraft predictions.

#1. Demarcus Ware-OLB/DE-Troy-6-4 247 sub 4.5
This would be a great pick a guy to take over for the great Chad Brown,
Ware being billed as the best pure pass rusher in the draft,will start out playing pass rushing downs.( look fora trade down for Mike Patterson we need a DT who can penetrate)

#2.Luis Castillo-northwestern-6-3 305
Castillo will drop this far because of admited steroid use,Castillo academic all amarican,
as and very class guy,also look for a trade up to grab a center.

#3.Antonio Perkins Oklahoma-5-10 190
We get our kick returner and a guy to take over at dime corner,also look for Derrent Williams
a corner with great speed but smaller and Russ looks for those guy later.

#3.Lofa Tatupu-USC 5-11 238
We could use depth at middle linebacker,Tatupu is a football player his peed isn't great
but his heart is and that is what this teams needs,will be a terror on special teams.
Also look for MLB's Lance Mitchell,Kirk Morrison or Boomer Grigsby,Don't count on Mitchell falling this far.

See if you can beat the all seeing eye of SHONUFF,feel free to do as many rouns as you want.

8 comments:

  1. SHONUFF, I gotta hand it to you, that is VERY likely. I could definitely see that happening, no doubt about it! I get back to you with what I think will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that we'll do some trading of our picks so that what we are predicting now won't actually happen. But if things were to stay as they are now (they won't) here's what I will guess.

    1st round David Pollack
    2nd round Barrett Ruud
    3rd round Marion Barber
    3rd round Ernest Shazor
    4th round Richie Incognito
    4th round Kyle Orton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Monkey, I like those picks quite a bit. You think Shazor is a conversion prospect or remains at S? It would be awesome if Incognito falls there, him getting hurt could really pay off for us... sad but true. And Orton would be a good prodigy for Matt, pretty similar games.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard to say with Shazor, he really is a tweener huh? I guess, in light of Boulware last season, I am sure they are not afraid to switch a players position, it worked well once. The trouble of course, is that Boulware is a special breed of guy whose work ethic is beyond question and whose drive to succeed may be unequaled on this team. Doubt that Shazor is that same kind of guy, Boulware is very rare. I think that Shazor presents a nice probem though as he can play both positions and may be called on at times to do just that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gregg Easterbrooks TMQ on NFL.com has us taking a punter in the seventh. That is the only round he mocked, highly recommended reading...

    ReplyDelete
  6. SHO - Are you suggesting a trade to move up in the 1st? If not, I see absolutely no way that Ware drops to 23. I would love to have him (though he fits better in a 3-4), but he's one of the fastest movers up draft boards (or so I've been hearing). I agree they'll take a pass rusher here if one's available, but I think it's more likely Pollack.

    I think Luis woul be great value in the second. I'm not sure what the Ruskell regime will think about his steroid use, but I would be happy with the pick.

    In the third, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them take a RB, though I agree both CB and LB make some sense too. Fason or Arrington would be good picks here. On this subject, I read yesterday that Morency was the subject of rape allegations twice at OSU. No charges were filed. He also scored an 11 on the Wunderlic. He also played baseball for a while so he's old. Doubt he'll be a Hawk any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree SHO and I think we just might do that this year, wouldn't surprise me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really think Ware has a chance to be the first "pass-rush type" to come off the board. The 'Boys will take either Merriman or him. Yesterday, I heard they were set on Ware. Today, I see that they are, instead, set on Merriman. I don't know where he goes, but I'm willing to bet he gets taken before Pollack.

    ReplyDelete