Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Cardinals Walk Off With a Huff

The following appeared at azcardinals.com

Cards Agree To Terms with LB Huff

The Arizona Cardinals announced Tuesday that the team has agreed to terms with free agent linebacker Orlando Huff on a two-year contract. In accordance with club policy, terms were not disclosed.

His departure is something of a self-fulfilling prophecy. In training camp in 2004, equal snaps were given to KAz, Kout and Huff. After the starting job was given to Orlando, he had this to say:

"I didn't expect anybody to come up to me and hand me balloons or horns. It's a job. This is what I get paid to do. It's a business. If they make me a starter, fine. If they don't, then I got to do what I have to do to be a starter somewhere else. I'm happy I'm here, and I'm happy I'm starting."

At the same time, DC Rhodes complimented Niko's rookie training camp performance.

"Koutie had a strong camp," Rhodes said. "He's going to be a guy that's going to be a hell of a mike linebacker, and we know that. And at some point, he's going to be right in the thick of things."

Rhodes was right. After 14 games "Koutie" supplanted "The Huffer". Now he's gone, knowing he's been beaten.

Good luck, Orlando. You started 14 games last season at MLB and only registered 51 tackles. Add to that 1 sack, 2 forced fumbles and 1 pass deflection. Wa-hoo. You got beat out of your spot by a rookie. 'Nuff said.

Say 'hi' to Chike for us.

6 comments:

  1. This may be double good news in that, if the Cards no longer need a MLB then Hartwell's list of teams who need him has been reduced to one; the Seahawks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OooooOOoooooh. That's right.

    That's assuming thay plan to start Huff. After all he was a 2nd stringer behind a rookie in a defense that ranked 26th. If I were them, I'd still be holding out the offer for Hartwell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monkey and Blue, sorry about being such a biatch, changed meds and they make me a little...well you know.

    Freinds?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always, Vinny.

    So long as you believe as I do, that expressing opinion, be it different or parallel, IS A GOOD THING.

    What I'm saying, is continue to be yourself, whether it means you feel the same or different about things. What's the point of having this forum if we all agree on everything?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deja~vous, haven't we had this discussion before Blue? :)

    Seems my retention abilties aren't getting any better on the new meds.

    Glad You and Monkey take me for the psycho I am.

    But as I I've said, no more dissin' Seattle Icons, whether intentional or not.

    "GO HAWKS!!!!!!"

    and "GO HAWKSTREET!"

    (let's make up t-shirts and jackets! I'm gettin' a new tat!)

    Ok, just kiddin' about the tat, although I've got to get my Hawk one finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey let's form a Band!

    "The HawkStreet Boyz"

    What? No?

    ReplyDelete