Friday, March 04, 2005

Lucas' Parting Shots

If this isn't a shot across the bow, I don't know what is. From the PI:

"I knew before I even got off the plane that I wanted to sign with Carolina," Lucas said at the news conference in Charlotte. "Being a DB, this is your dream to come and play with their (defensive) front and their front seven. It's going to make my job a whole lot easier on the back end.

"Anybody in the NFL knows that the Carolina Panthers probably have the most talented D-line in the NFL," added Lucas, who is from Mississippi and played his college ball at Ole Miss. "If I had to choose between Seattle and Carolina, I would easily have chosen here. Being closer to home made my decision easier."

I'm telling you, Wistrom of not, our defensive front seven is bottom-of-the-barrel. I'm not looking forward to another season of these guys getting blown off the ball.

Our list of real helpful possibilities is shrinking quickly:

EDGERTON HARTWELL / MARQUES DOUGLAS / FRED SMOOT

3 comments:

  1. Shonuff,
    You are most certainly right about the money, that had to be a big part of his decision, but...Lucas is right as well. Carolina has a great front seven and if I were a CB I would much rather play in Carolina than Seattle as well, it just makes his job easier with having a front seven that can get the job done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least Cochran's under contract. I actually think he has a lot of potential.

    BTW, did you see where Denver is switching to a 3-4 set but they are romancing Chike? That doesn't seem like a good fit at all, unless they're going to stand him up as a S-OLB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue, ya kind of went a little extreme on the Hawk dissin' didn't ya. Bottom of the barrel? I don't think so! There are plenty of defensive front sevens that are worse, and don't forget that we have one of the youngest groups in the NFL, if not 'the' youngest.

    So i'll have to agree with Sho, with more time under theri belts and a couple key roster changes and we could be just as good as Carolina.

    ReplyDelete